is a go-vibe capable of powering hd 595's? is the amp necessary?
Jan 1, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #31 of 34
IMO the XTRA X-1 is in a class of its own among the <$100 portable amps (also see the posts on it by Jamato8).

Jan 1, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #32 of 34
I've never heard the Go-Vibe so can't comment on how good/bad it is. All I know from what I have read is that you can't get a better amp than the Heed CanAmp for the money so that is what I am buying. If I wanted to spend even more money I think I would get the Mapletree tube amp.

p.s. I just read the Go-Vibe vs Hornet thread and someone in there said the Go-Vibe is not enough amp to power some of the more popular headphones but the Hornet is. He is talking about headphones like the HD650's etc. Maybe he is wrong and maybe he isn't. Like I said, I would rather buy an amp that is good with my 595's now and can also power possible upgrades in the future.

Jan 2, 2007 at 9:21 AM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
p.s. I just read the Go-Vibe vs Hornet thread and someone in there said the Go-Vibe is not enough amp to power some of the more popular headphones but the Hornet is. He is talking about headphones like the HD650's etc. Maybe he is wrong and maybe he isn't. Like I said, I would rather buy an amp that is good with my 595's now and can also power possible upgrades in the future.

I would also say that the Go-Vibe v5 isn't "enough" for the HD650, but in terms of synergy and "natural sounding", not really of power (at least with the 24V supply). Whereas the XTRA definitely is. (just being outspoken
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Jan 2, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never heard the Go-Vibe so can't comment on how good/bad it is. All I know from what I have read is that you can't get a better amp than the Heed CanAmp for the money so that is what I am buying. If I wanted to spend even more money I think I would get the Mapletree tube amp.

Some of those comments need to be taken in context. For example what gain of the Go-Vibe 5 (or for that mater any amp), also how loud do you listen to your music. I listen at very low levels so my perception will differ from someone who enjoys high volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back