is a go-vibe capable of powering hd 595's? is the amp necessary?
Jan 1, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see 2007 is picking up right where we left off in 2006! Andrea can't we move off this for this coming year?>

How about just ignoring Andrea. Why let his negative comments bother you. If you like the go-vibe, great. If he chooses to pick every thread that mentions the go-vibe to say something negative, so be it. It's annoying, probably a bit immature but that's what he does. It's like the child that cries because he wants attention, sometimes it's best to just ignore him and hope it stops or he just goes away.

This was not directed at dw6928.

Jan 1, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #17 of 34
Andrea what is it you dislike so much about Go-vibe? It would be interresting to hear what it is other amps at this price does better?

I'm interrested because soon i will buy an amp my self, but i'm confused, it's so many amp's out there, i would like a hornet but it's expensive, many people like the go-vibe 5, but will it make any difference to my iriver.
confused.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about just ignoring Andrea. Why let his negative comments bother you. If you like the go-vibe, great. If he chooses to pick every thread that mentions the go-vibe to say something negative, so be it. It's annoying, probably a bit immature but that's what he does. It's like the child that cries because he wants attention, sometimes it's best to just ignore him and hope it stops or he just goes away.

This was not directed at dw6928.

Thanks. What you call immature, anyway, I call being outspoken, or naming things with their name. There should be nothing wrong with this, indeed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurra1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Andrea what is it you dislike so much about Go-vibe? It would be interresting to hear what it is other amps at this price does better?

I'm interrested because soon i will buy an amp my self, but i'm confused, it's so many amp's out there, i would like a hornet but it's expensive, many people like the go-vibe 5, but will it make any difference to my iriver.
confused.gif

I said it so many times by now! There's a thread nearby where I talked about it (on someone's question) just lately.

Jan 1, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do not waste your time, regardless of what amp you bring up the Go-Vibe will always be worst, at least that is the way Andrea's sees it.

No, only the good sounding amps (at these prices there aren't many).

Jan 1, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #21 of 34
i ended up buying the hd595's , govibe, and a qables line out.
there is so much uncertainty and personal opinion on this forum, but most of you seem to think thats a good first rig.

thanks for helping
icon10.gif

-ryan

Jan 1, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #22 of 34
The HD595 is great. Enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. What you call immature, anyway, I call being outspoken, or naming things with their name. There should be nothing wrong with this, indeed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nothing wrong with being outspoken but you tend to be, let's say, a bit obsessive about it which tends to annoy people. When you annoy people, us mods then get posts reported. Restraint is a positive trait for someone to have. You may want to give it some thought as you post.
icon10.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by slow diver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i ended up buying the hd595's , govibe, and a qables line out.
there is so much uncertainty and personal opinion on this forum, but most of you seem to think thats a good first rig.

thanks for helping
icon10.gif

-ryan

with that portable rig how bad was the leakage problem????
580smile.gif

thnx

Jan 1, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing wrong with being outspoken but you tend to be, let's say, a bit obsessive about it which tends to annoy people. When you annoy people, us mods then get posts reported. Restraint is a positive trait for someone to have. You may want to give it some thought as you post.
icon10.gif

I will. It's good to know how volatile people tend to be when you dare contradict them about their untouchable idols.
lambda.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
andrea, i know that u alredy posted it on another thread but can u post ur crticism towards the go vibes so that we will know wheter it's a good purchase or not.....thnx

Ok, here are the quotes, if you find them interesting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATTEFLON
Hi Andrea.. what did you feel was wrong with the sound? The only gripe I have is that a lone opamp driving ground gives a weird echoy soundstage. Not very true to the recording. I have less of a problem with the pimeta since it is buffered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
The "skeletal" bass, and mostly, an overly analytical, slightly "mechanical" midrange that lacked presence and intimacy. Lastly, the treble was unrefined at least with up to 12V.

IMO these issues don't necessarily affect the Pimeta-like design (which is a different one indeed). In fact I would doubtlessly say that my Portaphile X^3 with output buffers and LT1210 sounded more natural than the Go-Vibe. I compared them vis-à-vis and it was immediately apparent!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATTEFLON
From the pictures I see only 1 lytic as the bulk capacitance. Could explain why the bass would seem skeletal. Do you like the sound with 24volts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
When I modded the amp I also replaced that 330uF/25V Panasonic FC with a 470uF/35V Panasonic FM paralleled with another 330uF/25V FM. Nothing changes... The bass remained too restrained, a bit "choked".

I liked the sound better with 24V & the standard chips, it became more refined. However I liked the amp still more with my custom chips (from memory, AD45048 and LMH6654 was best) powered at 12V.

Jan 1, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #29 of 34
I sort of agree with Andrea, if you are going to get an amp spend a bit more and get something that is worth buying for now and in the future. I have 595's and if I wanted a portable amp I would seriously consider the Hornet but I want a desktop amp so am going to buy the Heed CanAmp. That way I have a decent amp for almost any headphone set I may upgrade to in the future. I don't want to go buy something like the HD650's and then have to spend even more money because the amp I bought was not enough for the HD650's. Spending more on one good amp now is far better than buying a mediocre amp and then having to spend more on a better amp later.

Jan 1, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sort of agree with Andrea, if you are going to get an amp spend a bit more and get something that is worth buying for now and in the future. I have 595's and if I wanted a portable amp I would seriously consider the Hornet but I want a desktop amp so am going to buy the Heed CanAmp. That way I have a decent amp for almost any headphone set I may upgrade to in the future. I don't want to go buy something like the HD650's and then have to spend even more money because the amp I bought was not enough for the HD650's. Spending more on one good amp now is far better than buying a mediocre amp and then having to spend more on a better amp later.

not to contradict gatticus, but with me asking lots of headfiers they've given the cheaper amps (pa2v2,xtra-1,go vibe......even altoid cmoy) very good feed back. according to some of them the price difference between the more expensive amps is not significant to justify the price.........which is 3-4x more..
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

i'm new here, so wat do u think gatticus, i'm shopping around for some amp and relly considering the go vibes..thnx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back