Is a DAC any good for gaming?
Dec 21, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #16 of 22
In that case my options are having someone build me an Alien DAC or getting an xtrememusic and modding it. In either case its going to cost about the same. I think I'm going to go for the xtreme music though since it seems easier to mod than the alien and according to people on this forum it has better sound.

Dec 25, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #17 of 22
Hey Redo. If an audigy feels the DAC through it's digital output, does the Audigy still do the bulk of the work like it would if you dont use a DAC with it? Is this configuration possible or does the CPU do more work when the sound is processed from a creative PCI card to a DAC or is it the same as just using the PCI card?

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #18 of 22
fy_iceworld0000.jpg

CS source
b-Enspirer (glass optical) > DAC1 > Single Ended K701

i do better with K701 than balanced HD650 in CS:S compared in the same server (had my 650 Screenshots in another post)

Dec 25, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #19 of 22
all I have to add to this thread is "zomg props and epic lulz. nice iceworld score." and redo drops mad bombs at source.

@redo: is ProN going to the lan in new york? A bunch of people from babs are heading over (atom, waffles, maniac)

Dec 26, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@redo: is ProN going to the lan in new york? A bunch of people from babs are heading over (atom, waffles, maniac)

Nah, we died early on this season in main. We all had life going on, and we couldn't recruit our way outta our inactivity because of the hijacked rules. As far as I know, ProN is dead forever
frown.gif

Dec 26, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #21 of 22
Is this the same "waffles" that used to play for demoLition (I think that was the name of the team he played for...)?

I use my Azur 840c as a DAC when I game, and it sounds great. I still hear a "3d-ness" without EAX functions, so yes, I think a DAC can be great for gaming.

Dec 28, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #22 of 22
Hi everyone,
I have been lurking these forums for a long time now and now I need to ask for some advice.

I Have an X-Fi Prelude -> (3.5mm to RCA interconnect) Gilmore Lite w/DPS -> HD650

I can hear static noises from the PC and want a DAC to remove the noise. Is it possible to connect a non USB DAC to my Prelude and keep all of my EAX effects for gaming and if so where do I need to connect it to, the SPDIF output?

Basically, I want the laziest option of having all of my gaming effects and great sound for music without any interference from static or whatever causes all the buzzing and squeeking.

Many thanks for any help you can give me,

j0shimi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back