Is a bass heavy headphone right for me?
Feb 19, 2012 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ishthefish519

New Head-Fier
I love rock, hard rock, metal.. My iPod is filled up with metallica, pantera, megadeth, avenged sevenfold, and guns n roses.
I just want great headphones to listen to my music through my iPod... I don't know a lot about headphones, but would bass heavy headphones be suited to these genres and bands? I was looking into the ATH-Pro700mk2. These are pretty bass heavy, so how would they be? If there are any other suggestions understand I need looks and portability as well. Again the main question is in the title, and an example would be the Audio Technica ATH-Pro700mk2.

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 5
Shure SRH 840. They do decent bass but are not bass monsters. i listen to alot of metal but i nonetheless don't want bass drowning everything out. You might be sifferent. SRH840 are also good for portable use.

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
The Audio-Technica ATH-M50 (coiled cord) or M50s (straight cord) might be a great choice.  They are bass prominent and very portable.

I agree, they are perfect for rock. Nice bass that follows up the smooth mids and highs. I prefer dubstep, and rap on them over rock, i listen to a lot of rock though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back