Is a BA driver safer than a Dynamic driver?
Mar 11, 2016 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

richie60

100+ Head-Fier
As titled I've been reading a bit about the SPL of IEM's and how the movement of air in a sealed ear canal could possibly damage hearing. This has me a little worried about further using mine.

As a balanced armature moves a lot less air than a Dynamic driver, would you think that they are safer?

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #2 of 3
Dynamic driver iems usually have vents that releases air pressure. Dunno how long term usage would matter, but from what I know (I could be totally wrong) no matter what you use more air pressure usually means higher volumes, so just listen sensibly.

Mar 12, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 3
As titled I've been reading a bit about the SPL of IEM's and how the movement of air in a sealed ear canal could possibly damage hearing. This has me a little worried about further using mine.

As a balanced armature moves a lot less air than a Dynamic driver, would you think that they are safer?

No not at all.  There is no safety difference at all between the two.

It all boils down to the dB level and duration of those dB's coming into your ear.....period.

I personally would add that more revealing treble oriented earphones at that same level are more harmful than lower frequencies but this would not matter dynamic versus BA's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back