Is $50 too much for this ipod ?
Oct 13, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #16 of 32
Jump on it! As for the IEM's... Marshmallows?

Oct 13, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #17 of 32
Compared to the Ipod Oem Headphones do is there a 30$ difference . Horrible question . BTW today I ordered my RP-21's . My first set of real headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #19 of 32
I don't want to create any more threads so I want to ask questions here because you guys are very helpful . I'm kind of handy with a soldering iron because I used to solder honda ecus for my friends. I seen instructions on a "Cmoy" amp . I think I could build it but even if its built with the best parts can it be "high quality" for a portable amp. ONe more question ! where could I buy enclosures so I won't have to use a mint box ?

Oct 13, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #21 of 32
$50 looks like a good deal to me.
The 4G iPod are an great sounding portable player, and you can't go much wrong with one.

Oct 14, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #23 of 32
not getting the iMod I think you can use that particuar ALO cable w/ dock of which I think is intended for the 5 and 5.5G iMods.

with the iMod on the 4G iPod it disables the dock connector so you would not be able to use that particular ALO cable w/ dock. your headphone output will be your line output and you will need an amp to use the 4G iMod.

if you also send Vinnie a battery when sending in your iPod for the iMod he will change it out for you while he has it open.

iMod for 4th Generation iPods (monochrome and color displays)

We take the analog output (line out) signal off of the Wolfson DAC chip and send it directly to the internal 1/8" headphone jack (converting it into a dedicated line-out jack) via high-end Black Gate Non-Polarized NX-Hi-Q coupling capacitors. This completely bypasses all the components listed above that degrade the sound quality of the Wolfson DAC’s line-output.

NOTES regarding the 4th Generation iMod

The Red Wine Audio 4th Gen iMod converts the 1/8" headphone jack into a dedicated line-out jack (constant voltage output direct from the dac chip...no volume control), so the headphone output is disabled. The iMod is intended to be connected to either a high quality headphone amp w/ volume control or home stereo system, NOT directly to headphones (unless they have a built-in volume attenuator in the headphone cable).

While the stock audio line-out signal from the dock connector is also disabled, all other dock connector functionality remains in its stock form.

Oct 14, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #25 of 32
were could I pick up a enclosure for a Cmoy amp ?

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by barqy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

altoids mint cans is what most people use!

probably find them at the grocery/candy store?

are there any other enclosures I could buy instead of this ?

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #30 of 32
I'm picking this up tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif
I get paid tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back