Is 430$ too much to pay for ath ck10s?
Jul 20, 2011 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Malkavian

New Head-Fier
I kinda already know the answer but its the only high end IEM I can buy here (with the exception of IE8 which is also considerably more expensive then abroad).
Basically the stores here are **** thieves I payed my cx300II 90$ here so I'm thinking of ordering DBA02's from gd audio base,but considering all the complaints about delivery time and faulty units reported I'm not sure that is a wise idea considering the import taxes here are draconian.Any help offered would be appreciated.

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 9
I would never buy from such a seller.
Check out lynx shop.
I believe its legit and its an indian shop so you wont deal with custom taxes. It has a large variety of earphones.

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
I would never buy from such a seller.
Check out lynx shop.
I believe its legit and its an indian shop so you wont deal with custom taxes. It has a large variety of earphones.

You see,the problem I have with import taxes is that they're on my side of the border,meaning that i have to pay 18% of the value of anything that comes to me from abroad+some idiotic taxes that bring that 18% value to roughly around 50% :frowning2:

EDIT: I also found out I can buy se530 here for 438$,but they offer a different sound signature.

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #4 of 9
Oh you are from serbia! i thought you are from india! In most countries, products under 40-50 euros dont get taxed. You can find pretty decent iems at that price. Also, many shops can declare your iem at lower price. Customs never understand when an iem cost 200$ and they think all are cheap like ibuds or scullcandy. I know this is somewhat illegal but when you get taxed 50% more then you deserve to be a bit of an outlaw!
cool.gif

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #5 of 9
Lynx has a wide variety of IEMs listed, but not everything is in stock. The process is that you place an order, wait for them to confirm the order, wait till they ask for payment and then make the payment. I also believe that one needs to register in their own forums for knowing status of order, confirming payment etc., And I am not very sure if they ship internationally of late. Confirm all this before trying to buy.

They don't enjoy a great reputation in some of the Indian forums, but depending on whom you ask, the story can be different
wink.gif

CK10 - yes! $430 is a bit too much to pay for it. I have no idea about Serbian taxes (Indian taxes can approach 33% many times). Even then, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy from online sites / Head-fi FS than paying $430 locally?

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Lynx has a wide variety of IEMs listed, but not everything is in stock. The process is that you place an order, wait for them to confirm the order, wait till they ask for payment and then make the payment. I also believe that one needs to register in their own forums for knowing status of order, confirming payment etc., And I am not very sure if they ship internationally of late. Confirm all this before trying to buy.

They don't enjoy a great reputation in some of the Indian forums, but depending on whom you ask, the story can be different
wink.gif

CK10 - yes! $430 is a bit too much to pay for it. I have no idea about Serbian taxes (Indian taxes can approach 33% many times). Even then, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy from online sites / Head-fi FS than paying $430 locally?

True but there is a level of uncertainty when buying in such manner as I get no warranty.

Jul 20, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
True but there is a level of uncertainty when buying in such manner as I get no warranty.

I too risk that many, many times. Except for a handful of IEMs, I bought them from all over the world - Amazon (routed through forwarding service), used from head-fi, Musica Acoustics (Japan) and many others. IME, MA is good with customer service and they carry many good brands. You can mail Dimitri and ask for products not listed in their store and sometimes, he may be able to get you an open box or a new one. I got my CK10 from him.

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
You see,the problem I have with import taxes is that they're on my side of the border,meaning that i have to pay 18% of the value of anything that comes to me from abroad+some idiotic taxes that bring that 18% value to roughly around 50% :frowning2:

EDIT: I also found out I can buy se530 here for 438$,but they offer a different sound signature.

you can import Ck10 and not pay taxes if you request the seller to declare your order with low value.
I also recommend Musica Acoustics. Just email Dmitris and ask

Users who are viewing this thread

Back