Is $40 fake beats studios worth it?
Jan 31, 2012 at 7:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mironov

Head-Fier
iv'e seen some comments around here that the fake studios are even better than the authentic ones.

[size=medium]And yeah i know beats sucks. I just want to help my classmate because he wants to buy one.[/size]

Thanks in advance.

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 10
Well counterfeiting is discouraged at head-fi.
On my country imitations of the beats studio  are sold for 120$. And the genuine for 500$.  And sometimes I'm wondering if some seller wouldn't try to sell fake at the price of genuine (it is so hard to recognize the genuine).
This upset me, because other brand are not much sold (except bose too).

I've already seen a post of someone comparing a fake beats studio with a genuine one, and he admitted the fake sounded as good. However he still returned the fake, because he wanted the "genuine".

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #3 of 10
I have seen many fakes, and must say that it is not worth it. Take a pair of fake beats and get a at home lead testing kit ( available at large home improvement stroes) use it on the fake beats and see what happens.........

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #5 of 10
lol what kind of question is this?

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #8 of 10
Absolutely!  Fakes look so close to the genuine article, so why spend the 2 to 300 extra to get an original?

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
Meaning there has been instances of lead in the plastic used to create knockoff and counterfeit beats

I doubt that. Sure a large corporation may have higher quality assurance for Chinese manufacturing, but doubt these are any less safe then any other cheap Chinese stuff you can pick up from a dollar store. Of course there is risk of any cheap Chinese stuff. 

With that said, $40 for a pair that sounds just as good, looks just as good as a $300 is a positive. Really shows you how much a markup Beats hold. However quality can't be guaranteed, there's no warranty, and your supporting intellectual theft. Your choice. Personally if I were in the market for Beats I probably would get the $40 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back