Is $295 good for brand new UM2?
Aug 4, 2005 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ckhirnigs113

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,
After months of reading and researching I think I have decided to purchase the Westone UM2 to go with my 40gb iPod Photo. Lately I have been trying to find the best price. I saw the seller on eBay, but I wanted to make sure I bought from somewhere with good customer service.

I found a store in Canada selling them for $280 with $15 shipping. The site didn't look too professional so I emailed EarphoneSolutions.com to see if they would do a price match. Sure enough, they will sell me the UM2's for $295 with free 2-day shipping!!

I just want to know if this is the best deal for these IEMs. I may be willing to buy from the eBay seller if I hear some "great" things about the service provided. EarphoneSolutions is such a reputable site, so this seems like a good deal.

Thanks for any input, CK

Aug 4, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 16
Do the Earphones solutions

They will stand behind the product and you will have a warranty.

Many E-bayers sell new, but offer no warranty as a part of their own purchase deal from distributors or manufacturers.

Aug 4, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 16
I have bought from eBay many times, but I really didn't feel comfortable getting something this expensive and potentially defectable from somewhere without a well-known reputation.

So is $295 the best deal around?

Aug 4, 2005 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 16
$295 is definitely a great price for this earphone. Originally, it was going for $450, and most of the deal these days are around $350. Do you mind share it, so more people can get this awesome deal?

Aug 4, 2005 at 9:13 AM Post #6 of 16
DJ: How did you get it for $270 from Westone?

To OP: $295 new from earphone solutions is a great price, sucks that I JUST ordered a pair from them for $329 this morning. Also what store did you price match it with?

Aug 4, 2005 at 9:26 AM Post #7 of 16
You can get them from a seller on eBay for $285 shipped; he ships very quickly and they come shrinkwrapped. To those that are skeptical of using eBay, the guy I'm talking about (Mike) has 100% feedback and is very reputable. Many people here have bought UM2s from him (I've bought 2 sets myself, so I can vouch).

I wasn't aware that you could get them from Westone for $270. Was that a special discounted price?

Aug 4, 2005 at 10:19 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
$295 is definitely a great price for this earphone. Originally, it was going for $450, and most of the deal these days are around $350. Do you mind share it, so more people can get this awesome deal?

they are actually going for 329, even on offical westone site, i have hard time finding a better deal, everyone is selling them for 329.

Aug 4, 2005 at 10:33 AM Post #9 of 16
I got boned on ebay
frown.gif
. I paid for UM2s, but they never shipped. The seller offered one excuse after another. Finally, after weeks of stalling, I filed my first dispute with PayPal and with my credit card. I beleive there were 7 of us in the same boat.

Nick B

Aug 4, 2005 at 10:42 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick B
I got boned on ebay
frown.gif
. I paid for UM2s, but they never shipped. The seller offered one excuse after another. Finally, after weeks of stalling, I filed my first dispute with PayPal and with my credit card. I beleive there were 7 of us in the same boat.

Nick B

I'm just curious- was this guy selling them about a month or two ago? At a really great price?

Aug 4, 2005 at 10:43 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick B
I got boned on ebay
frown.gif

Nick B

seller's name ?

Really,if you wanna buy um2 from ebay,buy them from mike. He has 100 % positive feedback. I bought mine from him.
You'll probably won't find a better guy sellling um2

Aug 4, 2005 at 2:53 PM Post #12 of 16
Well, I just checked ebay and Mike doesn't seem to be selling any UM2's at the moment. People seem to like him and commend his service, so I am considering buying from him now.

I have two more questions before I make my decision:
1. If I order from Mike on eBay, will I still have a warranty from Westone?
2. Is there a return policy with Mike? If so, how long is it and does he charge a restocking fee (I hate this about the earphonesolutions policy)?

Thanks for all of your help, CK

Aug 4, 2005 at 3:06 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113
Well, I just checked ebay and Mike doesn't seem to be selling any UM2's at the moment. People seem to like him and commend his service, so I am considering buying from him now.

I have two more questions before I make my decision:
1. If I order from Mike on eBay, will I still have a warranty from Westone?
2. Is there a return policy with Mike? If so, how long is it and does he charge a restocking fee (I hate this about the earphonesolutions policy)?

Thanks for all of your help, CK

taht guy seems to sell opened UM2.
What do u guys think of Macropaulo, the canadian dealer?

Aug 4, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #14 of 16
I order a pair for my uncle at the "ear" plug store yeterday. I got them for 329. Plus 6 dollars for 2 day shipping. I would be mad if I didn't get the best price. I looked online at on ebay and that seemed to be the best price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back