Irvine/Orange County Meet Impressions
Oct 29, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #106 of 133
darn it, double posts all day.

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #107 of 133
triplepost

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #108 of 133

Quote:
Well, this is the modded HD580 in question.  Hopefully the owner will see this post and respond.  

6275137375_63d1f77be8_b.jpg

To remove the foam there are two things.

Foam in teh inner side of the cups -- easy enoguh. Just pull it, it comes out without resistance.

The next foam is inside the grilles. Remove the grilles. Once done, You can grip the foam in teh center and pull it out. I doubt you will ever be able to return it.

To remove the grilles, first remove the pads -- pull them at the edges gently, they will come off. 
Then You'll see some screws. Unscrew.
The headphone cups can then be removed from the gynbals,at which point you can remove the grills as well.

It's been a while since I've done it, hope I didn't forget a step.

Oct 30, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #110 of 133
I told some of you about my other hobby during the meet. I like to ride motorcycles & had a trackday coming up the following weekend . Well as time came I not only had a great time dragging my knee on the ground for the first time. I also got meet the person pictured below who I thought might be of interest so decided to share. Well hehe is just as vibrant & energentic as you see on tv. Today couldn't have been a better day as i shaved 4 seconds off my lap times as well & yes that his his $400,000 mercedes maybach behind us

Oct 30, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #111 of 133
I told some of you about my other hobby during the meet. I like to ride motorcycles & had a trackday coming up the following weekend . Well as time came I not only had a great time dragging my knee on the ground for the first time. I also got meet the person pictured below who I thought might be of interest so decided to share. Well hehe is just as vibrant & energentic as you see on tv. Today couldn't have been a better day as i shaved 4 seconds off my lap times as well & yes that his his $400,000 mercedes maybach behind us

Holy crap. Must have been a very surprising meet.

Oct 30, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #112 of 133

Quote:

Freaking awesome. I've always like that guy.

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #113 of 133

Quote:

Lol, wut?
That's pretty neat! Just curious, how did you meet?

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #114 of 133

Quote:

Did you tell him to get a Stax rig since he could afford it? haha.
But wow that must have been great.

Oct 30, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #115 of 133
@igotyofire That's awesome! Both the racing and the celebrity meeting. What do you ride and which track were you at?

Oct 30, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #116 of 133

Quote:
@igotyofire That's awesome! Both the racing and the celebrity meeting. What do you ride and which track were you at?

I ride a 2010 Aprilia RSV4R. His wife Jada was there getting rides on the back of the professional racers bikes at Autoclub speedway in Fontana. He was pretty cool even though i didn't say much. my phone was acting up so he posed with me like 4 times until someone got another camera.

Nov 1, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #117 of 133
Looks like you had another awesome weekend.  It's nice to have a hobby where people outside of that hobby will understand and find it interesting.  It's a bit of a challenge to strike up a conversation on how you just drove 80 minutes with several thousands of dollars in equipment in your car to sit around with a bunch of guys in a hotel room and listen to music on headphones without sounding a bit creepy.

Nov 1, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #118 of 133

Quote:
Looks like you had another awesome weekend.  It's nice to have a hobby where people outside of that hobby will understand and find it interesting.  It's a bit of a challenge to strike up a conversation on how you just drove 80 minutes with several thousands of dollars in equipment in your car to sit around with a bunch of guys in a hotel room and listen to music on headphones without sounding a bit creepy.

Lol, did you guys catch the random hotel guest that wandered into the meet and proclaimed, "What is this?!"  That guy was completely disoriented.  When we explained it to him he still couldn't grasp the concept!

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #119 of 133

Quote:
I ride a 2010 Aprilia RSV4R. His wife Jada was there getting rides on the back of the professional racers bikes at Autoclub speedway in Fontana. He was pretty cool even though i didn't say much. my phone was acting up so he posed with me like 4 times until someone got another camera.

Aprilia, very nice. Not well represented over here with all the laws and whatnot. Looks like a ton of fun. I've been into motorcycles for so long, but haven't had the means to start riding. Hopefully soon though!

Quote:
Lol, did you guys catch the random hotel guest that wandered into the meet and proclaimed, "What is this?!"  That guy was completely disoriented.  When we explained it to him he still couldn't grasp the concept!

Haha, that guy was great. "So you all just listen to your headphones?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back