Irvine/Orange County Meet Impressions
Oct 26, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #91 of 133

Quote:
SR009 is over $1000 less if you order from pricejapan.  Really even if the price was the same over there it'd still probably be better to order from them since our distributor is so awful, as you well know.

They list it at $4460.  Audiocubes lists it at 5k.  Nowhere near $1000 less, unless they go lower after haggling or something.

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #93 of 133
Quote:
I don't think Mr.Speakers was Mr. Peanut Butter. Mr.Speakers and I had lunch together at In 'N' Out so it can't be him.

You guys had lunch together without me? Drats.
mad.gif
Sounds like everybody had a good time! Guess I'll have to make it next time.

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #94 of 133

Quote:
You guys had lunch together without me? Drats.
mad.gif
Sounds like everybody had a good time! Guess I'll have to make it next time.

Oh and there were Doooooonutz!  MMmmmmm!!!

Plus I had 20% off coupons from UE but it seems most of the crowd were headphone listeners anyway.

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #95 of 133

Quote:

Finally, someone believes us, or has actually experienced what we've known all along.

Did you get to try either Anax's or my pair on your Bottlehead crack? Good amping helps with the impact and slam.

no , i only have the TRS connection & forgot competely...damnit! lol. I Kinda want that headphone!

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #96 of 133
hahaha yes, I was mr peanut butter, I did have some bread and jelly, but I was too lazy to break it out and make a sandwich. I'm glad you enjoyed the t50s, one thing I love is how I am still satisfied with with my cheap setup even after hearing such amazing headphones on phenomenal equipment. It is not the best, but it is a good all-around headphone (I would venture to say it is mid-fi), and you cannot beat the price.

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #97 of 133

Quote:
I know AlphaMike was loving the HD800 on DN's 2A3 listening to Massive Attack.  Anyone that thinks the HD800 is only good for Classical hasn't heard them properly.  Low end is one of the very few things the 009 doesn't do right enough for me but it's the best Stax I've heard so far for sure.  I could probably let psychoacoustics fix the rest if I wanted to.

http://grooveshark.com/#/search?q=massive+attack+angel

To me the HD800's had the sound stage so right. It reminded me of the Massive Attack concerts I attended last year. Don's amp... It worked so well for so many headphones. How did he do it?

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #99 of 133

Quote:

They list it at $4460.  Audiocubes lists it at 5k.  Nowhere near $1000 less, unless they go lower after haggling or something.

Didn't know audiocubes had it for 5k, thought lowest in US was 5250.

It was $4060 yesterday or the day before on pj.
http://www.pricejapan.com/front/e_good_info.php?code=1048&category=10

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #100 of 133

Quote:
I listened to Massive Attack and Bjork on the HD800 and LCD3. By just a tiny margin the LCD3 inched out. But they were both magnificent in their renderings.

Were they modded? I personally enjoyed the Modded HD800's over the LCD3.

Oct 27, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #103 of 133

Quote:
I don't think these were the modded ones.
Also, that Fischer Audio FA-006 was a stunner for me. When LFF told me the price, I was all "I have to buy this for Christmas."

Missed those too. There was not enough hours to try everything I wanted to try. It's probably a good thing
beyersmile.png

Oct 27, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #104 of 133

Quote:
I don't think these were the modded ones.
Also, that Fischer Audio FA-006 was a stunner for me. When LFF told me the price, I was all "I have to buy this for Christmas."

Hmm, I missed the FA-006. He had me listen to the FA-002 High Series and I really enjoyed those though.

Also glad to hear some positive comments on the K701. For the price you can find something that isn't nearly as picky with sources, but they definitely aren't bad and they're super comfortable for me. HD800s are pretty much the only phone that beats it in comfort in my experience. Of course that's a pretty subjective thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back