Irvine, Orange County, California Mini-Meet Sunday October 23, 2011 CONFIRMED
Sep 19, 2011 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 227

purrin

aka Marvey, purr1n
Member of the Trade: Eddie Current
Sunday, October 23. Irvine / Santa Ana Border (off the 55 between 5 and 405)
UPDATED: 10/15/11
The event will take place in a hotel meeting room. This will be easier in terms of space, tables, parking, and cleanup. The exact address will be privately sent to each of you a few days for the meet.

Hours: We will have the meeting from from 9am to 5pm. I will be there before 9:00 to set things up.

Attendance Limits: [we are full] The meeting room has a strict limit of 25 persons. If you are interested in attending, please check with me a few days before to see if we have any spots remaining.

Attendees and Equipment: n3rdling is maintaining a list of attendees and equipment on post #2 here. It will be updated as we get closer to the meet. Just post a reply to this thread so I can contact you on the exact location once the time comes.

Loading and Parking: Load up at the front lobby. The meeting room is close to the front. Park in the hotel parking lot.

Vendors: We don't plan on having too many vendors there (I think two or at most three is enough.)
  • Donald North will be bring his 2A3 prototype. He's just as much as a headphone hobbyist as us though.
  • I've also invited Craig Uthus / Eddie Current. I'm not sure if he will show up because this meet is just one week after CanJam, but he did say he would be willing to lend us an amp - maybe a interesting prototype. 
    wink_face.gif
  • We invited Audeze on October 15 and will await their response.

Food and Refreshments: Available at the hotel restaurant

Locale:
  • The room is 28' x 33'. Two tables will be set up on the wall of the door. These will be used for drinks and snacks.

Electrical: There are several power outlets in the room, at least a set of two on every wall. Bring extension cords and power bricks!

Little Reminder: Read rules in the link I will send you.

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 227
Members Attending

purrin
n3rdling
LFF
Anaxilus
mrspeakers
Magedark
steelle
draygonn
John In Cali
xxhaxx
Donald North
j2kei (unconfirmed)
Jon L
yoda's apprentice
oscwing
stellablues
santacore (unconfirmed)
douglasquaid (unconfirmed)
Hennyo
Alpha Mike
igotyofire
turimbar1
GTecX

Gear List

Headphones:

AKG K240S
AKG K500
AKG K701
AKG Q701
Akg K1000
Audeze LCD-2 (x2)
Beyer DT880/600
Beyer DT990/600
Fischer Audio FA-003
Fischer Audio FA-002W
Fischer Audio FA-002
Fischer Audio FA-004
Fostex T50rp (x3)
Grado HP-1000  (x2)
Grado PS-2000
Grado RS-1
HE Audio Jade
HiFiMan HE-300
Koss PortaPros
Koss ESP950
Paradox Headphones (mod'd T50RP)
Sennheiser HD25-1 ii
Sennheiser HD558
Sennheiser HD580
Sennheiser HD600 (x2/j2kei unconfirmed)
Sennheiser HD650
Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser HE60
Shure 940
Sony SA5000
Sony XB500
Stax SR-009 (x2)
Stax SR-Omega
Stax SR-Omega2 mk1
V-Moda M-80

Amps:

Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Bottlehead Crack OTL
Burson 160D
cMoy
Donald North 2a3
Eddie Current Balancing Act
Eddie Current Lunchbox
Fischer Audio Mystify
Heed CanAmp
Koss E90
RSA Hornet (original)
Schiit Lyr (x2)
Stax SRM-323S
Woo Audio 2

Sources:

Assemblage DP-75
Audio-gd NFB-10WM (j2kei unconfirmed)
Audio-gd NFB-12
Burson 160D
CEntrance DACPort
Fischer Audio Mystify
HiFiMan HM-601
HRT Music Streamer II+
iBasso D12
iBasso D-Zero
iPhone
Maverick Audio D1
Music Hall 25.2
PS Audio Perfectwave DAC
Rockbox'd Sansa Clip+
Sonic Frontiers SFCD 1
Sony D25s
Weiss DAC202

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 227
I realized October 8-9 are bad for me too. That only leaves one date open. It will be in Irvine.

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 227
Marked on my calendar!

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 227

Quote:
nvm, first updated.

Are we cookin this time?

I'll probably head to Costo to grab some prime or choice beef tenderloin x2-3. The meat will first be browned in cast iron skillet. Then I will slow roast it between 160-200F for few hours and top off with a balsamic / red wine reduction sauce. Everyone else will have to bring the rest (veggies, refreshments:wink: otherwise my poor wife will have to do it. The meat will be removed from the oven when it reaches 135F; and after sitting for 15 minutes, it  should reach 140F. By then it should be a consistent rare to medium-rare (Midwest standards, not California.) Anyone with immune problems should keep away from the meet (or meat) or microwave it for another minute.

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #8 of 227

Quote:
I'll probably head to Costo to grab some prime or choice beef tenderloin x2-3. The meat will first be browned in cast iron skillet. Then I will slow roast it between 160-200F for few hours and top off with a balsamic / red wine reduction sauce. Everyone else will have to bring the rest (veggies, refreshments:wink: otherwise my poor wife will have to do it. The meat will be removed from the oven when it reaches 135F; and after sitting for 15 minutes, it  should reach 140F. By then it should be a consistent rare to medium-rare (Midwest standards, not California.) Anyone with immune problems should keep away from the meet (or meat) or microwave it for another minute.

Since you are searing in a cast iron skillet we could so some Lyonnaise potatoes w/ caramelized onions using the rendered oil and fat from the searing.

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #9 of 227
Just found out I *might* have to fly out on the 23rd, but will try not to.  Hard to get a date that works for everyone, so big thanks for the effort whether or not I can make it!

D

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 19, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #10 of 227
22 is a possibility. I forgot to check my work schedule for that week. You can always drop by anytime for T50 mod measurements.

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #13 of 227

Quote:
Let me know if you need help with maintaining a member/gear list or any other help when you decide on the date :)

The question that sticks in my mind is if you will actually be listening to any gear other than your own at this meet?  *giggles* 
tongue.gif

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #14 of 227

Quote:
Let me know if you need help with maintaining a member/gear list or any other help when you decide on the date :)

Sure, will do. I can use the help. I'll iron down the date in the next day or two. You can use post #7 to update the list (or have a moderator make a spot for this).

Quote:
The question that sticks in my mind is if you will actually be listening to any gear other than your own at this meet?  *giggles* 
tongue.gif

Haha, as you know I'm am pretty happy where I'm at. I still feel the HD800 has some issues, but I've finally figured out things aren't so bad after the BA warms up for about an hour. It would be a good chance for me to pick up new music as I seem to always do at these meets.

Maybe n3rdling's BH <- SR009? Still waiting my own BH. That could take some time. HE500, Magnums, another shot at the LCDr2s? I didn't get a chance to hear Donald North's 2A3 amp last time at Venice even though was right next to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back