iRonic iPod
Sep 10, 2005 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Spad

Headphoneus Supremus
Isn't it ironic that we Apple supporters are considered elitists for buying Macs because of their higher price and smaller numbers, yet lemmings when we buy iPods 'cause they're so popular?

I have a rule of thumb when it comes to acquiring things. I decide what I want and I buy it. If I don't like it I either sell it or park it in the hanger and try something else.

For example, I have lots of headphones--the majority of which I never use beyond a few hours. Still I continue buying various brands searching for just the right sound, or more likely simply enjoying the process.

I also have several DAPs, but for some reason they're all iPods even though I can readily afford to have one of every DAP on the market.

The point is that some things are sufficiently satisfying to end our questing. They may or may not be the best in their category, but somehow they just click with us.

That others agree with our choice does tend to give us all the fuzzies, but we shouldn't be upset that others prefer bananas to oranges. Then again, perhaps I'm simplifying too much. After all, the difference between a vegetarian and a cannibal is more than just a matter of taste.
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2005 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Yes Spad, but you've outlined yourself before why you haven't had anything but iPods. ergo, I can see things being turned to 'gas mark 7'...
tongue.gif

Roger that, but that's the point. As I said:

"The point is that some things are sufficiently satisfying to end our questing. They may or may not be the best in their category, but somehow they just click with us."

BTW, how much heat can kevlar take? Hope I didn't screw up here.
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
You want Nomex, not Kevlar.

Or at least lotsa seltzer water.

This damned vest is probably not a genuine Apple product anyway. Lemme see, tag says Creative . . . made in Korea. Uh oh.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back