Irivium Explorer By Red Chair Comming Soon
Apr 14, 2004 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sweet Spot

1000+ Head-Fier
Red Chair Irivium Explorer

Beta software will soon be in the works, as it seems they've been keeping a red eye on the IHP community. IMO, presenting the Iriver community with an alternative is a good idea. Although, it would be much better if the Iriver people outsourced some people in India so that we could get proper support without having to pay for what features should have been native to the buggy software.

I also read on the IF that Iriver may actually be looking into such a thing, hiring some company by the name of ...DOH ! I forgot !! But if they do, they can concentrate on the HW while the other can do so with the SW.

Anyway, it would be great if ANYONE who has had some experience or owns an IHP would chime in on this one, and perhaps come up with some suggestions for Red Chair to look at whilst developing this software.

I also realize that there is already some alternative data base software created by Gacel, who has done a hell of a job, but the difference to note here is that with the price comes full dedicated support, and more chances for people to get what they want implamented in future versions.

Discuss.

Apr 14, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #2 of 6
I used Notmad a couple years ago. RedChair makes very useful and stable software. They've got about every major player covered by something now. Just wish they also supported alternative OSs to M$.

Apr 14, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by austonia
sounds good. Hopefully this software will eliminate the 52-character scanning limit for the music database.

It sure will if the users have anything to say about it and if RC wants to sell their wares !
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 6
Where there's money.....there's a way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back