Iriver Third Party Software (Red Chair Irivium)
Apr 16, 2004 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

e-r0ck

100+ Head-Fier
I posted this in the thread about song ratings but no one saw it so i felt it deserved its own thread.

Quote:

just saw this sneak preview they recently added to the Red Chair site.

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/irivium/

Some VERY cool features. (if you've used their software, you're probably familiar with them). I took the liberty of bolding the points that i particularly like.

-Windows Explorer Integration
-Full-Fledged Library Management
-Automatic "DB Scan" Mode Support
-Automatic File Structure Management
-Full Format Support
-SQL Engine
-Song Ratings
-Sophisticated Playlist Management
-PDA Functionality
-Irivium Xtreame
-SpeedSync
-AudioMorph

check the link for descriptions

that "PDA" stuff seemed pretty neat as i was on the lookout for a program that would convert outlook contacts to text files anyway. neat stuff.

Apr 19, 2004 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 5
ok, no one responded before but i still think its cool so:
biggrin.gif

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/irivium/beta.php

first beta released. currently you can only transfer one track at a time beause they're testing the ability to transfer first. still lets you look around at the cool features.

Apr 19, 2004 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm using it, pretty impressive so far, beyond a few technical problems.
I'll repeat my comments from MisticRiver:
The auto DB update and automatic transfer with folder structure maintenance IS a timesaver. What'd make it even better would be if iRivium could generate a tag database of all the music on your computer, so you can browse by artist or album, and then drag from that to the iHP, rather than having to navigate folders through explorer (basically the equivalent of iTunes or J.River)
As I said, the auto DB update is nice, but IMO browsing by DB on the iHP is always going to be crippled to the point of worthlessness (compared to folder navi) until iRiver change the firmware to improve the scrolling speed. I don't like navigating folders, I'd prefer to see all my artists and albums on one list each, but at the moment it's much, much faster than DB browsing. If the DB list scrolling is sorted out I will give more consideration to buying iRivium.
Sorry to any MR members to have to have to read this twice!

Apr 19, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #5 of 5
The PDA functions are creating, managing and editing notes (.txt files) and being able to create contact files as well as import Outlook contacts and view them on the iHP. I gave the Contact thing a try but because of the way the iHP displays text (layout, font style and size make it bit hard to read), the Contacts are a little tricky to read. Not impossible though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back