iRiver thanks Apple
May 30, 2005 at 3:21 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Yep, I've sure that's it. 'Asians' are so much more attuned to sound quality and the iPod sucks. You nailed that one right on the head.

biggrin.gif

May 30, 2005 at 3:32 PM Post #32 of 35
let's not get into racism.
wink.gif

anyway, asia do have a lot more choices when choosing mp3 players. an ordinary consumer would probably choose one that looks nice and has a lot of features thrown in. take a walk around sim lim square in singapore and the choices of mp3 players available is mind boggling.
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #33 of 35
llol weird, all asians in canada LOVE the ipods. except for me. death to them. grrrr. EVIL.

May 31, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #34 of 35
That gigabeat should slaughter the ipod! ([size=xx-small]it's times like these I wish I was rich[/size]) It's like the entire NYC population has an ipod, my HS for instance 98% of the portable audios are mini ipods! I think the ipod is doing well b/c of their "trendy" ads on tv and it's simplicity, most of the other mp3's I know of are pretty much from newspaper ads (a few) and a lot from online. On the simplicity factor, my friend had a hard time with my micro than she did with a mini ipod.
confused.gif

May 31, 2005 at 1:34 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Pricing to an extent and portability are bigger issues in asia, especially Korea where I assume you have some sort of connection. The reason for the Korean maker dominance is that the Korean MP3 player market is primarily flash and the market is price-sensitive. The Shuffle is making an impact as of now, causing the Korean flash makers to respond in kind.

The Shuffle is indeed selling better than other iPods but I'm not sure if that is because of it's size or price. The Shuffle is not competitive enough in Korea's flash dominated market with the likes of the iRiver N10 and Hyun-won DAH-1500 (link: http://www.minivian.com/bbs/view.php?id=mv_review&no=37) which are close to half the size of the shuffle even with a bloody screen.
tongue.gif
Most 512mb to 1gb DAPs are similar in size with the shuffle, but mostly smaller.

And you guessed it, I am Korean but I frequently move between Seoul, Milan and New York.
cheers,
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back