Iriver T10 2GB mini review + pics
May 17, 2006 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

hardstyler

500+ Head-Fier
Hello

I just got this great mp3 player and it really is awesome. It was AU$267 at JB-HIFI. I'm still playing with all the options but so far I am very impressed. Its only my 2nd mp3 player, my previous one was a Samsung Yepp YP-T6Z 1 GB. The Iriver beats Samsung in pretty much everything, the only thing yp-t6z has over t10 is line-in recording. Thats about the only thing missing from t10.

Sound: Well there is no comparison. t10 blows away the little Samsung. Bass is a lot stronger, you can crank it up a lot more, has heaps more eq settings including a user defined one which is much better implemented compared to Samsungs. You can hardly notice difference in sound when changing user defined eq on samsung, Iriver on the other hand makes predictable audible changes and is very responsive to changes. Iriver has a really useful setting for us bassheads called "u-bass". Simply turn it on and you'll instantly experience ****BASSHOLY**** moment
basshead.gif

In one of the threads in headphones section I was complaining about the lack of bass on my KSC75 and asked for advice on phones witth better bass. At the time of writing I was using the Samsung player. Well t10 changes the whole picture. I am more than satisfied with bass now. So it went from unacceptable bass(yp-t6z) to more than acceptable(t10). So have that in mind guys (Im sure everyone already knows this), source is VERY important its not just the headphones. Too bad I already paid for AKG K81DJ. Still waiting for delivery tho.

T10 is a mass storage device so you can just drag-drop files in Explorer, no bs software required. The way it should be. Funny thing is the 1 and only reason I bought Samsung first and not t10 is because I heard Iriver uses WMP10 to transfer files and is not mass storage device but something else (can't remember what exactly now). Anyway that is simply not true. BTW the American version could be different, I am in Australia and apparently Au/Asian versions are all mass storage class. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

I haven't played much with fm radio but it seems to have better reception than yp-t6z. T10s controls are very responsive and there is hardly any pause between songs. It takes maybe 1-2 sec to turn it on compared to 6 or more on the yp-t6z and both players are almost fully loaded with mp3s and some oggs.

If you want to know specs of this player I suggest you look at any t10 on any Iriver site. Currently only Japanese and maybe some other Asian Iriver sites display T10 2Gb. Looks like Aussie Iriver guys are too lazy to update their site
icon10.gif

Anyway these are 1st day impressions and so far so good.

Pics:

Nice box

Next to Samsung YP-T6Z

May 17, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 13
Great review and nice pics
orphsmile.gif

May 17, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 13
very nice, good pics for size comparison.

The only thing that kinda turned me off from the t10 was that it was bigger than i thought. A black version has come out aswell which might be a good alternative to those who dont want to stop traffic with their mp3 player..
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 13
I actually thought that green colour is very appealing...

May 17, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
what kind of battery does it use?

1 AA

May 18, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka
Nice pics! But why do you miss the line in?? It's pretty much useless cause of crappy SQ. Look the signal from,say, cd player dac'ed, then back adc'ed in DAP so it's no good

Actually thats a good question.
icon10.gif
I haven't even tried line-in recording on ypt6z and I bought it last year. I guess you're right, I don't really need it. Plus SQ is crap as you said.

May 18, 2006 at 12:15 PM Post #10 of 13
I'd happily buy one if they weren't so freaking ugly! - no offense hardstyler.

Looks like a great functioning DAP, but puke green and bent in the middle? Makes me wonder what on earth iRiver's marketing department was thinking to be honest.

May 19, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosk
I'd happily buy one if they weren't so freaking ugly! - no offense hardstyler.

Looks like a great functioning DAP, but puke green and bent in the middle? Makes me wonder what on earth iRiver's marketing department was thinking to be honest.

they made a black one in Korea recently. I think that bent in the middle thing, without trying it out for myself, looks like it feels comfortable controlling the device while not looking at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back