iRiver spinn is out....finally
Jul 30, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #16 of 26
Looking at the pictures of the bottom of the player, there is a possibility of there being a SD slot there. It looks like there is a small rectangular SD slot cover in the shots showing the bottom.

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #17 of 26
There was going to be and sd expansion slot - they decided to not include it in the final product. also, iriver is ONLY going to 8gb with the spinn - totally crazy IMO.

Jul 31, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They removed the sd expansion slot and are only going to 8gb - not the reported 16gb.

And with that, it went from must-buy-asap to I-can't-wait-for-the-D3.

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

They removed the sd expansion slot and are only going to 8gb - not the reported 16gb.

Oh, why they removed SDHC support? Maximum capability is 8GB, this is so disappointed.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #22 of 26
I was so excited about this when I heard about it CES 2008. Everyday since then (no joke, everyday) I've been hoping to get any bit of info, rumor.. anything.

Finally news is out but the CEO of iRiver changed and this PMP doesn't offer anything too exciting anymore compared to what is already out on the market and what WILL be out soon enough.

I was set on buying this but not so much anymore, too little too late. I'm waiting for the Cowon D3 to come out (hopefully this August in Berlin), if not I'll have to manage with my NDS a while longer >.< The wait is deathly.

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessipoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was so excited about this when I heard about it CES 2008. Everyday since then (no joke, everyday) I've been hoping to get any bit of info, rumor.. anything.

Finally news is out but the CEO of iRiver changed and this PMP doesn't offer anything too exciting anymore compared to what is already out on the market and what WILL be out soon enough.

I was set on buying this but not so much anymore, too little too late. I'm waiting for the Cowon D3 to come out (hopefully this August in Berlin), if not I'll have to manage with my NDS a while longer >.< The wait is deathly.

At least you guy got the 16gb version of the samsung YP-P2 up in Canada. We can't get it here in the US - try it as the SQ and features are FANTASTIC!

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

At least you guy got the 16gb version of the samsung YP-P2 up in Canada. We can't get it here in the US - try it as the SQ and features are FANTASTIC!

I'm surprised we in Canada, finally have something that the US can't get. You can't imagine how hard it is to purchase electronics targeted for the niche markets.. getting a cowon D2 is tough (only internet but there are Canadian providers online at least) any iRivers, forget it you have to go abroad and pay for shipping and duties, and earphones, tough too.

Ya I considered the P2, at some point I had printed the flyer from another store (to get a price deal) and went to the store but after playing with it for the hundreth time, I just wasn't satisfied and excited enough about the player to dish out 200$ on it, I just don't like a touchscreen I can't get a response out of (waiting for haptic!)

My patience and tolerance is wearing out but I have to just keep waiting it out
triportsad.gif

My poor Super 5 pros aren't getting the TLC they deserve!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back