iRiver iMP-400 Now Available at iRiver Outlet!!
May 7, 2006 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

The_X

1000+ Head-Fier
I missed out on the 550's and 350's last time, but they are selling the 400 right now for just $49.99 and the package seems pretty nice too. Includes all the stuff like carrying case, car kit, etc. If anyone wants one, head over and get one now before they're gone
biggrin.gif

[edit] whoops, someone beat me to it!

May 7, 2006 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 14
Shame my 550 broke, after the problems I had with it, it did sound awesome. Plus it has optical-out, so when I get my MicroDAC it would've been perfect.

May 7, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #5 of 14
If I didn't already have the 350 I would have brought one. This give me more hope that iriver has a hidden stash of older players hidden somewhere that they are slowly bringing out.
wink.gif

May 7, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Shame my 550 broke, after the problems I had with it, it did sound awesome. Plus it has optical-out, so when I get my MicroDAC it would've been perfect.

Are you sure this one has optical out? I don't see it in the manual. It does have a line-out.

May 7, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
Chri5peed is saying that his old 550 (what he is referring to as "it") has an optical out. Not the 400.

Regards,
Venio

Yes, sorry for confusing you Dave. Its a strange coincidence, both my iRivers, the iFP 395T and my 550 have broken.
mad.gif

May 7, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Cool! The Return of the iRiver Toilet Seat!!!
tongue.gif

Oh please! Why the hell did anyone have to bring this up? It puts the unit down. I seen it too much on the iRiver.com forums! LOL

May 7, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #11 of 14
It is a variable line out (which at full volume is nevertheless a proper line out). Not quite as good as the contemporary Sony's IMO. But it will play virtually anything where the Sony's didn't at that time.

May 7, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam917
Oh please! Why the hell did anyone have to bring this up? It puts the unit down. I seen it too much on the iRiver.com forums! LOL

When I unpacked it and opened it, I didn't know whether to sit on it or listen to it
tongue.gif

May 7, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
It is a variable line out (which at full volume is nevertheless a proper line out). Not quite as good as the contemporary Sony's IMO.

Not quite as good as the older Panasonics either. At least that was the impression I got from my 350.

May 8, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #14 of 14
just ordered one...don't even know why. last PCDP i bought was a $60 psyc. returned that the next morning. i really don't know why these irivers are so respected around here but if they're at least a little better than that sony, it'll be worth it. as long as they dont distort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back