iRiver iHP-120
Sep 16, 2003 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 6
nice, very nice, but I want one now
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif
*counts the days left untill october* and october release doenst mean instant availability in the us does it. Maybe audiocubes will carry an import version soon after but their current price of the ihp100 is almost 150$ over the lowest us price. I wonder what will happen to the prices, 420 euros isnt too bad

Sep 16, 2003 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 6
sigh....the IHP-100 has not even reach my country............guess i will wait for the IHP-120 then......maybe by end of the year

Quote:

Originally posted by Bonkura
nice, very nice, but I want one now
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif
*counts the days left untill october* and october release doenst mean instant availability in the us does it. Maybe audiocubes will carry an import version soon after but their current price of the ihp100 is almost 150$ over the lowest us price. I wonder what will happen to the prices, 420 euros isnt too bad

mad.gif

Sep 16, 2003 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 6
I'm not aware, was the iHP-100 released in the US and in Europe at the same time? Is this site that I linked possibly selling an import version or do you think it's being released in Europe the same time as the U.S. version? In any case, it seems like the iHP-100 was available in Japan a couple months before it was in the US, so maybe Christmas time? Yeah you know it sucks to wait but trust me, if it is remotely comparable to the price of the 20gig iPod it will be worth the wait for 20gigs-- I'm wondering now that the iHP-100 has got me into mp3s how long 10 gigs will last.

*watches his 10 gigs fill up all too quickly* The iHP is pretty sweet though, I love my iHP-100.

Sep 16, 2003 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 6
Wow!

If this does indeed come out with the base price of what the current iHP 100 retail price is selling, then that is indeed a much more competitive price.

All the features of the iHP 100, OGG, +10 GB more space at the same price...

OT: I did some research around for why my little iHP sounds so good when it's specs aren't as powerful as the iPods or Zens and found out that iRiver is using the most advanced sound chip out of all DAP's. Almost all other 1.8 HD's are using the previous 2G Ipod sound card, the wolfsen. Couple that with the fact iRiver uses technical SNR instead of a weighted SNR...(ahem, Creative)

Maybe that has to do with why it sounds the way it is, or maybe not. All I know is, this DAP sounds just as well as it performs. I'm beginning to see why this small company has such a loyal fan base.

...Once bitten, forever smitten
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back