iRiver H340 or iRiver H140?
Jun 11, 2006 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

htom78

Head-Fier
I want to buy a mp3 player, I know with the rockbox fireware,the iRiver Hxxx can play flac format, so does the H340 sound quality same as H140? I need the optical lineout, is the H340 haven't the optical lineout?

thanks!

Jun 11, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by htom78
I want to buy a mp3 player, I know with the rockbox fireware,the iRiver Hxxx can play flac format, so does the H340 sound quality same as H140? I need the optical lineout, is the H340 haven't the optical lineout?

thanks!

AFAIK the difference is in color screen and optical out. I think you can somehow get the H340 to watch video as well. Don't quote me on that one, though.

Jun 11, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 10
No the 340 does not have the optical out. In terms of features, that is the major difference between the two other than the colored screen & yes the 340 can be set up to play video.

Jun 12, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 10
I think he meant by "the difference is in color screen and optical out" that those are the differences between the two, he just didn't mention which belongs to which player: colour screen on H3xx, optical out (and in, for that matter) on H1xx. Remember that the H3xx does have a line out (and in) on the player. The H3xx screen is also larger than the H1xx screen. And yes, the H3xx is able to playback video. If you buy a US version of the H3xx though, you will have to give up DRM capabilities to gain video. International versions of the H3xx don't have DRM capabilities to begin with.

Jun 12, 2006 at 12:13 PM Post #5 of 10
One other major feature of the non-U.S. version is its ability to do USBOTG with UMS compliant cameras, and other media.

There is a mod available to do this for a U.S. model, but it involves soldering within the player.

Shared features...

Wide range of supported codecs, including ogg vorbis.
Drag and drop.
FM radio
Recording, from FM radio, line in, external or internal mic.
Robust players.
Able to be Rockboxed.

H1xx advantages

Optical in and out
.wav recording

H3xx advantages

*USBOTG
*Video playback
**Plays DRM music (not an advantage for most but some are sucked in).
Colour screen.

*Non-U.S. version.

** U.S. version only.

Both of these were cutting edge players for their day. Optical in and out is not available on *any* current players, and .wav recording is rare, though Rockbox seems likely to add it to all their platforms.

The H3xx, released in July 2004 was able to play video after a firmware release in November 2004.

h

Jun 12, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by htom78
thanks for all respone!

so the sound quality of h1xx and h3xx are same?

thanks!

Yes, they both sound the same. By the way, the H100 series are usb mass storage devices, no software needed to transfer files on and off of the player. It's a file tree-based gui, much like windows.

Jun 12, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
By the way, the H100 series are usb mass storage devices, no software needed to transfer files on and off of the player. It's a file tree-based gui, much like windows.

And so is the H300 Series.

Jun 12, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapples
And so is the H300 Series.

Yeah, I know, mnhnhyouh mentioned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back