Iriver H230 Q
Mar 12, 2005 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sony_man

100+ Head-Fier
i went to misticriver to look at some reviews about the h230, and in one of the vids, the h230 looked sooooooo thick. i mean 22mm is ok but that looks like an inch and a half thick! is it really that big or iis it the zoom of the camera? plus this may sound really picky and dumb but the buttons are loud and clicky.

Mar 12, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #2 of 10
I measure my H320 to be almost exactly 3/4 of an inch thick at its thickest part (the middle).

The buttons might have seemed loud because of the mic used in the video. I had never noticed the buttons made any noise at all until you mentionned it.

Mar 12, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 10
It is thick, however in person you'll see it is smaller than most 20Gb players. The only ones I can think of that are much smaller, are the sony HD player, and the Archos Xs200. The ipod is thinner, though not really much smaller. Iriver's own H100 series are also thinner, though longer. Ipod 3g while thinner is also slighly longer (about 1mm). If you'll use most of it's features I would say it very very small, as most players require huge bulks of accesories to get even close to the number of features the Iriver has.

Mar 13, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #6 of 10
I have the H320, and while it is not the thinnest player out there, it certainly is packed well, I mean that its not hollow, or thin feeling, it is very substantial, and built well, I've already dropped mine 3 or 4 times, and it doesn't even have a scratch!

Mar 13, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 10
hey this is sony_man but not, if i compared the "ego" of the H10 and H230 right next to each other, which would you guys go for?

Mar 14, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 10
Found this on Google:
00024-01.jpg

It is about the same size as an iPod in an iSkin type case. Practically the same size as the iPod in all dimensions other than thickness, which is still only a few millimeters.

Mar 14, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #10 of 10
hmmmmm thats not bad!! not bad at all! thanks a ton jimothy! that helps so much. it seems to be only la little bit thicker, not bad compared to ipod plus its extra features. this is aweomse. i think i have finally finished my 2 month search lol. first it was micro, to carbon, to karma, to carbon, to h10, to micro, to carbon to h10 then this! what a fun filled adventure haha. thanks for the help guys!
icon10.gif
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back