iRiver H1xx series firmware 8.5.8
Aug 8, 2004 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Davnport

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone tried this out yet? I heard rumor that iRiver was going to implement gapless playback... anyone know the time table on that? Thanks all!

Edit: Sorry, my mistake, it wasn't firmware, but some other sort of OS or something... I dunno. If someone knows more about this please enlighten me.

Aug 8, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #4 of 14
Troll? What do you mean? I was just over at the mysticriver website and couldn't find any details about the firmware posted on that site. Do you mean that what ever is posted on that site is bunk? I thought that was supposed to be a good site.

Aug 8, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #5 of 14
Easy kids, I don't think that anyone is trying to troll around, just a misunderstanding of what Irivium is I suppose. Davnport, the Irivium software was released by Red Chair, who also makes data base software for Other DAP's as well, and it has nothing to do with the IHP's actual firmware at all...Totally different ballpark. Anyway, no biggie, I guess if English is not your native tongue, it's understandable to make such a mistake.

In any case, trust me...when that firmware comes out, you'll know it...your mom will know it, your grandma will know it, and even your dog will know it...it'll be the event of the year for Iriver IHP owners/fans ! (in other words, it'll be a hard thing to miss
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Aug 8, 2004 at 7:12 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Spot
Easy kids, I don't think that anyone is trying to troll around, just a misunderstanding of what Irivium is I suppose. Davnport, the Irivium software was released by Red Chair, who also makes data base software for Other DAP's as well, and it has nothing to do with the IHP's actual firmware at all...Totally different ballpark. Anyway, no biggie, I guess if English is not your native tongue, it's understandable to make such a mistake.

In any case, trust me...when that firmware comes out, you'll know it...your mom will know it, your grandma will know it, and even your dog will know it...it'll be the event of the year for Iriver IHP owners/fans ! (in other words, it'll be a hard thing to miss
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Thank you. kinda funny/embarrasing... I only speak english; I just misread the thread over at the MisticRiver site and came here for clarification before I reread the thread. I also don't know exactly what troll means, and I don't know if Big D was accusing me of something, or telling me to stay away from something. I hope I wasn't being accused... if so I apologize for the misunderstanding. Anyway, thanks for the clarification Sweet Spot.

-Davnport

Aug 8, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

it'll be the event of the year for Iriver IHP owners/fans !

What do you mean the event of the year ? For me it's at least the event of the decade, possibly even the century.

Aug 8, 2004 at 8:10 AM Post #8 of 14
Keep waiting suckers, iriver firmware upgrade sucks. Next time dont buy their stupid products. I rarely use mine now, stupid hard drive bug keep sucking up my players battery life that its even worst than iPod 3G. I could have sell it on ebay but this thing is f8cked up, all of the paint from the back is now gone and some on the side and few on the front. And the yellow charging light doesnt work anymore though it still charge (just without the yellow light). Avoid iriver.

Aug 8, 2004 at 8:37 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inuyasha
Keep waiting suckers, iriver firmware upgrade sucks. Next time dont buy their stupid products. I rarely use mine now, stupid hard drive bug keep sucking up my players battery life that its even worst than iPod 3G. I could have sell it on ebay but this thing is f8cked up, all of the paint from the back is now gone and some on the side and few on the front. And the yellow charging light doesnt work anymore. Avoid iriver.

Bah, don't say such things Inuyasha or else Kagome will shoot you with her arrows!!! (sorry, lame anime joke, I know)

what model do you have that makes you so bitter? I really like my player and have only had to charge it 3times in the past month. I only listen to it for about 2hours every other day, with the occasional 6+ hour day, but that is still impressive in my eyes. Plus plug-and-play and drag-and-drop makes me very happy. All things considered, I like this player a lot (H120) but I like the "wheel" interface of 3G iPods much better. I think they messed up with switching the design in their 4G wheels. Moving parts = easier to break. Good for them, bad for consumer.

Aug 8, 2004 at 3:28 PM Post #10 of 14
Davnport, if you ever wanted to kmow what a REAL TROLL was, all you have to do is look at Inuyasha...THAT, is a TRUE TROLL.
smily_headphones1.gif
This is the type of person who posts idiotic statements which are either not backed up by meaningful facts proven by research, or idiotic statements based on pure product bashing because that person owns a competing product, and is such an immature zealot, that they'd rather come off sounding like a moron in haste, rather than putting together a constructive criticism of a product or company based on REAL experience (which this TROLL clearly does not have).

I could go on, but this person has dug their own grave and it's not necessary. Now go back under your bridge Inuyasha...your type of senseless babble isn't wanted or needed here. Come back when you grow up.

By the way MORON: Quote:

And the yellow charging light doesnt work anymore though it still charge (just without the yellow light). Avoid iriver.

The charging light is NOT YELLOW ! LOL..... SO how's about you at least try and get all your BS in order before getting your lying ass caught !

Aug 8, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #11 of 14
Thanks for the (funny and entertaining) clarification Sweet Spot.

Aug 9, 2004 at 7:35 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inuyasha
Keep waiting suckers, iriver firmware upgrade sucks. Next time dont buy their stupid products. I rarely use mine now, stupid hard drive bug keep sucking up my players battery life that its even worst than iPod 3G. I could have sell it on ebay but this thing is f8cked up, all of the paint from the back is now gone and some on the side and few on the front. And the yellow charging light doesnt work anymore though it still charge (just without the yellow light). Avoid iriver.

Wow, making up stuff to rubbish a prduct you've never used on "teh intarweb".

You need to get laid. Seriously.

Aug 9, 2004 at 7:44 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dweebgal
Wow, making up stuff to rubbish a prduct you've never used on "teh intarweb".

You need to get laid. Seriously.

LOL... I agree, Dweebgal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back