iRiver H120 with 80GB HDD guide
Feb 26, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #18 of 33
Now I think most likely you did not format the hard drive properly. The new hard drive must be formatted in fat32.

Quote:
4. Download fat32format, #8 in list of things you need. Extract file into C drive. Click Start>Run, type in these things:

cmd
CD /D c:\
fat32format ?: ("?" being the alphabet that you assigned the mk8025gal)

Now type "y" to say yes and hit enter, BUT MAKE SURE THE ALPHABET YOU CHOOSE IS THE ONE MK8025GAL IS ASSIGNED TO. Don't format something else by accident. If all goes correctly you should be able to click "My Computer" and see the mk8025gal listed along with your computer hard drive, recovery drive, and removable drives.

When formatted correctly, it should say how many gb it has. Maybe ~95gb for your 100gb hard drive.

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #19 of 33
ok i just type cmd it's ok,but after CD/D c:\ there s no fat32format ?:,i just follow the instruction ,do i have to respect the space (i put fat32format in  my c drive) sorry it's my debut

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #24 of 33
If clicking My Computer and looking at the disk doesn't show ~95gb, then you formatted it wrong.

If you formatted wrong, let's try to use my program

cmd
CD /D c:\
fat32format ?: ("?" being the alphabet that you assigned the mk8025gal)

The ? should be replaced by the letter assigned to your 100gb hard drive. It can be a letter like F, G, H, I.

fat32format G: if your H140 is G.

Feb 26, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #26 of 33
Okay and it wasn't that way before right?

Redo the rockbox installation now, and follow the rest of the software setup. Make sure you have the H120/140 rockbox build, not the other 4 iriver builds. Remember not to freak out and hit reset when it is trying to upgrade the firmware, or it will brick the mp3 player.

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #30 of 33
Doh, I was certain I responded! I must've exited before sending or something, sorry. I asked and they said most likely you didn't installed the bootloader. I also think this is likely because the steps necessary to do install the software can be confusing, even for people who speak English perfectly fine. Can you please tell me the steps you took to install the rockbox software? If you don't feel comfortable writing it in English, write it in your native language and I will use a translating program. I'm good at deciphering software translations, human translations tend to have more phrases and thus more ways to misinterpret :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back