iRiver H10 on Woot for $140
Apr 17, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 8
i just went to woot.com and saw this then put the model in the headfi search to find any info on the particular player to see if it was good and i found this post
tongue.gif
so is it worth buying? can it play other formats like flac and ogg?

Apr 17, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 8
no, the H10 only supports MP3 and WMA. it is a alright player though, but compared to iriver's older HDD players (H100/H300) there is really not a reason I would buy one.

Apr 17, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 8
Is the pricegrabber quote of $170 for a new model or a refurbished one? the woot one is a refurb, and I figure the extra $30 may be worth it if it means you get a new one, as long as it comes with a warranty etc...

Apr 17, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 8
For what it's worth I played with this model in Best Buy for a few minutes once, and I wasn't particularly impressed. I felt the Creative Zen Micro was a much better player, but I guess that's just my opinion.

Edit: Damn, one more post until I hit 1000! I didn't even realize I was that close until today.

Apr 18, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidd
no, the H10 only supports MP3 and WMA. it is a alright player though, but compared to iriver's older HDD players (H100/H300) there is really not a reason I would buy one.

Yeah, this was a huge disappointment after the H100/300. I still don't understand why iriver decided to start making such cheap (crappy) players after a history of great DAP and PCDP.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back