iriver h10: initial review
Apr 15, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #62 of 83
for those of you that know the creative zen micro, which would you recommend: h10 or micro? also,

1. hows the picture or the h10 screen, looks weak in some pictures (anyone have any pictures?)
2. is there a play/pause button on the h10, ive heard some people say there wasnt but thought id seen some in pictures
3. hows the touch pad?

thanks

Apr 16, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #63 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistermurph18
for those of you that know the creative zen micro, which would you recommend: h10 or micro? also,

1. hows the picture or the h10 screen, looks weak in some pictures (anyone have any pictures?)
2. is there a play/pause button on the h10, ive heard some people say there wasnt but thought id seen some in pictures
3. hows the touch pad?

thanks

1). Decent for such a small screen, but don't expect much.
2). Yes.
3). More controllable than ZM, but tap function on ZM is nice.

I would overall recommend Zen Micro if you need the absolute best sound quality, but I think I like the functions and the looks of H10 better.

May 1, 2005 at 12:53 PM Post #64 of 83
hey guys, im just wondering when you have put stuff on the h10 like music, pics, txt and what not, is it true you cant delete the stuff u put on the player? cos that would suck, please answer my question as i want one

May 27, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #67 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistermurph18

3. hows the touch pad?

thanks

3. The touch pad on the h10 has 3 different ways you can use it

1) Tap the top or bottom, to go up in selection by one
2) Slide your finger, like any touch strip
3) Press and hold the top or bottom, it will scroll through the whole list until you let go.

It doesnt have a line-out, but if you buy the Dock, its got a lineout

May 30, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #68 of 83
Just purchased the H10 yesterday, loving it soooo much.
Firmware was 1.15 out of the box, but then I upgraded it to 2.04 after installing iRiver Plus (the software on the PC side).

Using a pair of shure e3c, volume level of 10 is pretty sufficient. I expect the battery runtime per full charge will now be longer than 12.5 hours.

May 30, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #69 of 83
JMMMMM,

I too have an irirver ifp 390t. I have had it for two years now and am wanting to replace it. This is only because i want more memory. Apart from that i love it. I bought the h10 only to take it back. Maybe i was too hasty, maybe not. I didn't think it sounded as good as my player. It was close, but i would have thought in two years time they could have come up with something that sounded better. I also didn't like the screen. It was too busy for me (maybe it was because i am use to the 390t screen), and i also didn't like the way it organised my music. I replaced it with an ipod photo as so many stores have said that its the best player out. They were sooo wrong. Its a nice gadget and has a good clear screen, but i'm wanting to listen to music not play on its games or show off that i have a pair of white earphones. My grans 40 year old radio sounded better. To everyone, NEVER BUY AN IPOD unless you just want to look cool. Fortunately i was able to take that back too. You should all do the same. I've searched through all the flash and HD players and the only one i found that matched my ifp 390t was the iaudio I5. It sounds great. I was going to buy the 2gb version the other day, but read that iaudio are having problems with it (the 2gb version not the 1gb) They state that the player can only hold a maximum of 480 files including folders. I made a playlist with 710 files in it. This came to just under 2gb. So in reality i would really only be able to hold roughly 2/3 of that. Iaudio also state that the last 260mb on the player can not be read. Crazy. Apparently the technology for 2gb flash players hasn't arrived yet. So as it stands i am still waiting for something to crop up that will fill my needs.

This is probably the most important piece of advice i can give to everyone. Try to listen to the player you are interested in before you buy it. Everyone has different preferences in how they like their music to sound. Reviews can only go so far as what to tell you. Hope this has been helpful.

May 30, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #70 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Froebel
I replaced it with an ipod photo as so many stores have said that its the best player out. They were sooo wrong. Its a nice gadget and has a good clear screen, but i'm wanting to listen to music not play on its games or show off that i have a pair of white earphones. My grans 40 year old radio sounded better. To everyone, NEVER BUY AN IPOD unless you just want to look cool. fortunately i was able to take that back too. You should all do the same.

rolleyes.gif

May 30, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #71 of 83
I enjoy my iPod. You have a right to your opinion. Hope that's helpful.

May 30, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #72 of 83
everyone who owns an ipod is a loser

froebel, new players seem to be popping up quickly lately, so you might be able to find the player for you soon enough.

May 30, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #73 of 83
Apologies to those of you that have an ipod. Thats just how i feel on the matter. If your pleased with your ipod then thats all that counts.

JMMMMM. Yeah hopefully i wont have to wait too long. Cheers.

Does anyone know if the creative zen micro colour has any improvements to its sound? Or is it just the colour screen they have changed?

May 30, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #74 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Froebel
Does anyone know if the creative zen micro colour has any improvements to its sound? Or is it just the colour screen they have changed?

I dont think Creative is very close to releasing that player, if they ever do. They changed the touch pad and size a little so i dont think it's too much of a stretch to think that they might change some of the internals.

Jan 14, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #75 of 83
Quote:

Froebel:

This is probably the most important piece of advice i can give to everyone. Try to listen to the player you are interested in before you buy it. Everyone has different preferences in how they like their music to sound. Reviews can only go so far as what to tell you. Hope this has been helpful.

The only real way to test the player your interested in, is to put a track your interested in, than listen to it. The store demos are always messed in some way, so you cant test, you can only get a feel for the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back