iriver h10: initial review
Feb 26, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #46 of 83
No, they didn't know either. It's just that I said it was bug-ridden now but at the same time I sort of wanted to see what iRiver does with the H10, and I happened to be dealing with the manager who knows how much business I put through the store. I can return it anytime I like, so I intend to get very friendly with the H10.

Feb 26, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #47 of 83
haha and when youre done with it, give a little personal touch to leave your mark on it
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #48 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
I can return it anytime I like, so I intend to get very friendly with the H10.

just make sure the h10 wears its case...

Feb 27, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #49 of 83
i really really want this H10! but whats its equalizer like? is bass boost as bad as the ipod's? or does it actually give it a nice warm bassy sound? im comparing sound with the D66 eggos by the way.

Feb 27, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #52 of 83
the h10 is really tempting.

but i have the zen micro.

if the h10 had the play, pause, fast forward, rewind buttons were on the front of the player instead of the side, i would've considered getting it.

Feb 27, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #53 of 83
It was this player or the zen micro so i went to best buy and figured out that the H10 really did have bad bugs. plus after researching on the net I found these were prevelent iriver hardly ever makes firmware for its players so I went the better sounding route.

Feb 28, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #55 of 83
Quote:

another thing you should know about the H10 is that there are no firmware updates. The US versions are not compatable with firmware upgrades so any software/tech problems with the H10 will not be easily solved.

Incorrect information.... The U.S. H10 is compatible with firmware upgrades. The current firmware does not have an option to upgrade however, iRiver will be releasing future firmware upgrades for the player through the use of an external executable. Also of note, users are flashing their U.S. players with Korean UMS firmware which is more stable and does not exhibit the bass distortion "bug" on Custom EQ as seen with the U.S. MTP Firmware. Users attempting this should be prepared to experience some lagginess in menu response and the fact that some settings are not retained due to the fact that the UMS firmware is not optomized for use on the U.S. players.

Mar 1, 2005 at 9:49 AM Post #57 of 83
I don't think I've come across the distortion bug on my iRiver Shuffle, but until now I've not been doing a lot of EQ'd listening on it. I'll have to try some of the presets and custom curves.

Mar 1, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #58 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by phatty
Incorrect information.... The U.S. H10 is compatible with firmware upgrades. The current firmware does not have an option to upgrade however, iRiver will be releasing future firmware upgrades for the player through the use of an external executable. Also of note, users are flashing their U.S. players with Korean UMS firmware which is more stable and does not exhibit the bass distortion "bug" on Custom EQ as seen with the U.S. MTP Firmware. Users attempting this should be prepared to experience some lagginess in menu response and the fact that some settings are not retained due to the fact that the UMS firmware is not optomized for use on the U.S. players.

those are pretty hard to find though iriver doesn't have big enough american support
their customer support is fine but US firmware from iriver is pretty rare

Mar 1, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #59 of 83
@bangraman
lol nice site I like the iriver shuffle if you call alphabetical order a type of shuffle

Mar 1, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #60 of 83
Ah well you see, it's not just the music that's coming up next that's an uncertainty. It's whether the H10 will respond to your button presses that's also an uncertainty.

This is certainly a major advance in uncertainty compared to the iPod Shuffle... Kudos must go out to iRiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back