iRiver "H" series vs. Sansa's (Fuze and Clip+)
Aug 10, 2011 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

steelglam

100+ Head-Fier
So, I've been reading a lot about the great sound quality of the old iRiver "H" series players, specifically the H-120/IHP-120 and H-140/IHP-140.  I've never heard any of the iRiver's.  I have a Sansa Clip+ and a Fuze (the older version, not the Fuze+).  The sound quality is pretty good on my Sansa's for what they are.  But I'm wondering if it would be worth seeking out one of the older iRiver players since I've been reading so much about how great they sound.

Does anyone have any experience with both, and if so, how do the old iRiver's compare sound-quality wise to the Sansa's?  Would it be worth seeking out one of the old iRiver's on the used market?  Would it be a true sonic upgrade over the Sansa's?  I know the iRiver's are kind of old at this point, which is why I ask.  Thanks.

Aug 11, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 6
Iriver "H" is better, it's legend player as ifp, e10, rio karma and x5
Clip+ is neutral, it's great player is that price, good for IEM's
Iriver is neutral/cold, have more power, better sound space, separation of instruments, better bass and treble. You can connect full headphones to them and will be really good.

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #3 of 6
I had iRiver H120 before.  The headphone out isn't that great like people review in this forum.  

The good part of it is it has a digital output that you can feed to your amp directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back