iRiver Clix2 vs. Cowon D2?
May 20, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Although I can't comment on how the Clix2 sounds, I can state that the D2 sounds fantastic. It's touch screen interface can become an annoyance (when I'm @ the gym) sometimes, but it's quite intuitive. Sound aside, the D2 does have an expandability advantage.

May 20, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 5
I didn't use clix2 so I can't comment on its sound quality. Currently I am using cowon d2 and did a comparison between it, creative zen v plus, ipod and ipod nano (30gb). Among them, I think D2 is the best. It drives my hd595 very well and its performance is better than coming out from my computer sound card (xmod).

May 20, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 5
the thing is that the D2 has 2 major advantages, the 36mW per channel (or 76mW combined if you like it better), making it able to push decently most IEM, small and medium sized headphones decently without amping, just make sure you check the impedance on youe headphones first to make sure you dont push it too hard,

the other thing is that the clix maxes out at 8gb currently, the cowon D2 does only have 4gb internal storage, but has the SD slot, which currently supports 8gb cards and there will be 16gb cards around the end of Q3 start of Q4 and should be decently priced for xmas, so, the D2 will be able to reach 20gb, which isnt that bad, the only player giving you 20gb at that size is the archos 204, which is nice and cheap but has a horrible control sceme and is limited in features,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back