iriver Clix2 sound settings
Mar 24, 2008 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ricthaman

500+ Head-Fier
Well,

as some of you might know I purchased an iriver clix2 last week and I've been tweaking the settings ever since.

Since I know many of you out there have Clix2's I thought it would help me a lot if people could post their EQ or SRS settings on the clix2 here so that we all could check out how other head-fiers listen to their clix2.

I'll start off with what I thought was tolerable for now:

SRS: 8
TruBass: 7
Focus: 8
WOW: 3
Definition: 7

I liten to all sorts of music from reggea to classic to rock to metal and gothic and dance and everything in between.

I use Futursonics Atrio M5's right out of the headphone out.

I look forward to try your settings!!

greetz

Mar 24, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 14
I don't like using eq with my clix. I have a pair of ety er6i's, and srs wow just makes them sound like dirt.

Mar 24, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 14
SRS WOW never sounded good on anything to me, It should have been more like SRS unWOW.

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #6 of 14
Give the SRS WOW settings a little time to settle in, my ears take a little time to get used to them. No matter what settings I fiddle with, I always get veiled vocals. I just wait a couple days and without switching anything, they just clear up and move upfront.

The default SRS WOW settings that you get work out the lack of soundstage I get with my clix / IEM combo. If I mess around too much, I end up boosting the mids since I favour them and muddying up some of the details.

Is anyone able to read the descriptions on the SRS Labs website that describe what exactly each of the SRS WOW HD adjustments do? Doesn't seem to work for me =/

Mar 25, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL i just turn them off, try the custom EQ with the first two and last two up to the top and the middle one around one up the middle.

Tried your settings last night dap_pad, but you could get the same effect without the major distortion by taking the 1k range down and just turning up the volume. Basically, all your custom EQ settings are doing is turning up the volume, and it always sounds better at higher volumes. I still prefer SRS settings =P.

Mar 25, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #10 of 14
Meh LOL sounds good with my Denon D2000s, so I'm happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #11 of 14
the same SRS WOW that worked magic on my mylar X3s.....
sound like crap on my UM1s
made the music sounded robotic and artificial and destroyed all lower bitrate mp3s

switched to custom eq to tweak up the bass and a little here and there...worked fine for me
i'm on the clix1 btw and it doesn't have Definition in the SRS settings

Mar 29, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #12 of 14
Using Livewires T1 these are my Custom EQ settings for the Clix2. SRS WOW colours the sound too much for me.

50: 10
200: 7
1K: 5
3K: 5
14K: 9

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SRS WOW colours the sound too much for me.

That's probably true, but without it, I get zero headstage. I'll probably end up getting a clip as a secondary player just for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back