iRiver Clix vs Meizu M6?
Jan 9, 2007 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CloudySkies

100+ Head-Fier
Just wondering, but how do these two compare in terms of sound quality? I'm a bit of a basshead and can't live without a good separate treble/bass boost option and a user adjustable 5 band eq. Do they also both support album art, full screen album art pictures, and user defined wallpaper/backgrounds?

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #2 of 7
The Meizu M6 is supposedly really bassy, with a 10-band adjustable equalizer.

I know the iRiver Clix supports album art and custom wallpapers, but I'm not sure about the Meizu M6.

Jan 9, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 7
The Meizu M6 doesn't support album art, at least not yet. Hopefully they will be incorporating that into the new firmware. It does allow custom wallpapers though.

The M6 is a bit on the warm side, but like 3X0 stated, it has a 10 band equilizer for you to play with.

Jan 9, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #4 of 7
Man thats a tough one, I would have to maybe give the edge to the clix overall because of the more stable firmware and I like the clix navigation better. Soundwise is really tough, to me the clix had less white noise , but the meizu has many more sound settings. I had the older tp model though, I heard the sp model has less white noise.

Meizu wins in the bass output also , if I didn't use iems so much
rolleyes.gif
I think both are pretty much tops in flash players.

Jan 11, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #5 of 7
The Meizu has amazing sound quality IMO. It does put out a lot of bass (but only if you want it to since its got a 10 band EQ). I've got Westone UM2s and it drives the hell out of them. I haven't heard the clix, but I do notice white noise from time to time. To be honest though I don't notice it at all when the music plays, its only in the gaps between. The meizu does have quite a plethora of sound settings though and sounds quite powerful especially considering its very small size.

Jan 11, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait for U20?
evil_smiley.gif

Yes , choices, choices, there is also the new samsung K3 wich is basically a K5 without the speakers, and the K5 sounds really really good! Also the iriver has the new screen AMOLED wich is supposed to be awesome. I don't think austin will mind a link to his baby, so you can check them out- I know I will be spending some green soon (I also want that little sweet little kenwood thats like 400 bucks
icon10.gif
)

Link: dapreview

http://www.dapreview.net/news.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back