iRiver Clix screen loose?
Nov 20, 2006 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

arto

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I just bought a Clix for my daughter for Christmas. It turned up in the mail and the box had been pretty bashed about. The Clix had taken a tumble but there seemed no external damage, except the screen is a little loose.

Now, don't laugh, I do know the Clix uses a click-screen, but I was wondering if anyone who owns or knows the Clix can tell me whether the screen is normally able to move very slightly up and down. Not just when pressed, but as if slightly loose? So that when you lift it with your thumbnail and let go, it drops down again. Don't know any better way to describe it ...

Thanks

Nov 20, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 4
I just got the same player from my local Bestbuy in trade for my Zen V Plus. Good choice on the player btw, its awesome and you daughter will certainly love it.

I notice the same thing with mine ...its not a huge amount of play, but if you hold the player in your hand, screen side down (just holding the back piece, white part of the player if you have the 2 gig) and give it a gentle shake, you can feel a slight amount of play in the screen.

I dont think its supposed to be 100% flush. You dont want to lift one side of the player off the frame when you push down the other side to navigate. Being loose will let it move up and down, side to side.

Nov 20, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks. That's what I thought, but I wondered if it was meant to be more firmly anchored than it is.

You're right about the player - from first impressions it's a very cool little machine indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back