iRiver Clix Gen 2, or something else
Jun 4, 2008 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dsavitsk

MOT: ECP Audio
I am in need of a portable player to take on vacation. The basic requirements are lowest cost possible, support for Rhapsody to Go and Audible.com content, decent battery life, and of course, the best sound quality possible. The only thing i can find that seems to fit the bill is the iRiver Clix Gen 2. There are some sandisk players, but the Audible.com support is spotty as far as i can tell.

So, does anyone have an opinion on this player, or a suggestion for something else that is either an improvement or that can save me a few dollars. In all likelihood, I'll use this for a few weeks while traveling, and then sell it as I have little use for a portable player -- so resale ability is important too, I suppose.

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 9
I've been using my Clix2 for almost a year now... no problems whatsoever. Loading songs is a bit annoying as you have to "Update Database", but if you do it via the included software it's not that bad.

I've never tried Audible with it, but the screen and SQ is lovely and the themes are just AMAZING
biggrin.gif
I love my Clix2
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 9
Yup, everytime you add songs, you have to either click "Rebuild Database" on the Clix or the iRiver Plus software in order for the Id3 tag database to recognize your songs.

You can still access it via filetree though...

Jun 7, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for the replies. I ended up ordering the older clix which seems to have the features I want for less $.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mule65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about Sansa Clip?

The sansa I've tried wasn't so good with audible content in that it would go back to the beginning when you turned it off -- not so good in the middle of a book.

Jun 7, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #9 of 9
iRiver E10 and nothing else matters.
smily_headphones1.gif
Sansa Clip is good in it's price but not in the top iRiver's league. clix2 is good, too, but its ogg playback is somewhat corrupted sonically. On the E10 you put ogg Voribs Q10 @ aoTuV R2 and it sounds like lossless. D2 didn't impress me a year ago but some guys report big improvement with the newest firmware. How could it be for the flat EQ setting? I don't know.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back