iRiver Audiofeast radio!?
Jul 9, 2005 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Little J040

1000+ Head-Fier
Has anyone signed up for this? I listen to DI.fm ambient and trance stations from iTunes all the time, and I'm thinking about buying a cheaper model iRiver just to have that radio on it. Does anyone know how it works? I mean if I bought a 128mb iRiver, would it only be able to have 128mb of radio on it? If that's the case that's dumb and I won't do it, although I don't see how theres another way to do it. For some reason I thought it could stream like a regular radio signal would. Who knows, but if anyone does please let me know!

Cheers

Jeff

Jul 9, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 5
Does anyone know?

Jul 9, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 5
Well you decide what's 'dumb' with expectations of a 128 MB player, but see this link (then take a tour, how it works) for an explanation. It looks like its kinda a mix of Audible (audiobooks) and Podcasting, in that you make a selection, 'subscribe', then download the program (which can transfer to your player). Assuming the bitrates very from music and talk, you could have a few hours of the former and at least double that of the latter. NPR just unfortunately moved over to Audiofeast from Audible (leaving Mac users out in the cold).

Jul 10, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #4 of 5
So it's not just like a regular radio broadcast? I didn't see how it could be but I was just curious

Jul 11, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Any other people heard about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back