iRiver 512mb flash $199 after rebates
Nov 29, 2003 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 34
holy crap!
It's the ifp-395t!!! I have this player and it is by far the best flash portable I have ever used, and I paid a hundred more dollars for it three weeks ago.

This is a steal!

Nov 29, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #3 of 34
utdeep, how long does it take you to fill the player completely from a full empty state?

The only thing holding me back from buying the ifp-395t is the transfer time. I have the ifp-180t and one of the things I've wanted in my next player is faster transfer speeds. 512mb is perfect imho as it nears single charge battery capacity and replaces what one might use a mp3-cd for.

Nov 29, 2003 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 34
Considering that the Rio karma is 20GB and only $250.00 or the Rio Nitrus is 1.5GB and only $150.00 I am confused as to why anyone would get the Flash memory players?? Is it because they are not HDD based!??

Help me understand...

Cheers!!

Nov 29, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #5 of 34
I asked my mother to let me have my ifp-390 that she bought me for xmas and I went and stood in line for an hour today to exchange. I don't make $100 an hour so I figure it was worth it. Now I have to give her this one so she can wrap it and give it to me on xmas. I am a bad boy. I'll have twice the memory though. Hope it doesn't take eight weeks to get the bill back.

Nov 29, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 34
in reply to the karma & nitrus, they are both hard drive players with non replaceable batteries, the iriver is a flash (can shake it for an hour & won't then or ever skip), that takes an AA battery for about 16 to 20 hrs of play. Great for gyms & more rough & tumble activities. I have both the Karma & iFPT 395 & really like them both. They compliment each other imho.

take care

Nov 29, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #7 of 34
I am sticking with my PCDP until they come out with a 5gb flash player
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2003 at 4:50 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by gsferrari
Considering that the Rio karma is 20GB and only $250.00 or the Rio Nitrus is 1.5GB and only $150.00 I am confused as to why anyone would get the Flash memory players?? Is it because they are not HDD based!??

Help me understand...

Cheers!!

gsferrari
the storage capacity may not be as high as the hd-based players, but the ifp-series players have high-functionality: highly-customizable, fm-radio, voice and line-in recording, no-skipping, long battery-life. i'm hoping this price-drop on the ifp-395 is an indicator that the ifp-5xx series is almost ready to be released stateside!!! all the functionality of the ifp-3xx series in a magnesium body, better battery life, optical connections, and more pocketable shape
smily_headphones1.gif
whee!!!
later
nikolaus

Nov 29, 2003 at 8:06 AM Post #11 of 34
Capice
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought that would be the reason...no HDD = better battery life and skipfree play and lesser maintenance...

But the price is still a downer
frown.gif
Almost as much as a full out HDD based player with incredible features...the Rio Karma

mystuff.jpg

Nov 29, 2003 at 8:08 AM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by matheis
i'm hoping this price-drop on the ifp-395 is an indicator that the ifp-5xx series is almost ready to be released stateside!!! all the functionality of the ifp-3xx series in a magnesium body, better battery life, optical connections, and more pocketable shape

They sure look slick.

Nov 29, 2003 at 8:32 AM Post #14 of 34
gsferrari: Are you planning on a review of the Karma vs. the iPod? You must let me know how the sound compares!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back