iQube V1 Soft even with low impedance headphones
May 2, 2011 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

justanut

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi, pardon me if this has been asked before.. But it seems that I'm not getting enough juice out of the iQube V1 even on my Beyer T50p which are really loud on my RSA Shadow but still sounding underpowered even with the high impedance switch on and volume at around 80%..

I am using fully charged Eneloops tho if that affects the output..?

My iQube is currently around 200hrs burnt in, using an ac adaptor for overnight burning in.

Any possible causes?

*edit*

Just to clarify, it's loud at 80% but with a pair of low imp fones I had expected em to be loud even on low impedance mode.. But nope, low imp even at full power doesn't cut it.. The T50p is rated at 32ohm if I rem correctly..

May 10, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi, sorry for the late reply but I have been travelling last week.

Well indeed de Beyer T50p is 32ohms and should be well driven by the iQube V1.
Batteries can have no effect on the loudness, assuming they are full charged.
It is hard to judge for me without having the unit. and I am not familiar with RAS shadow.

If you are in US and bought the unit at Moon Audio maybe better contact him to be able to compare to another V1 unit.
Otherwise let me know where you bought it so I could help you.

Just to clarify the switch you mention is a gain switch, high and low gain. Not an impedance switch.

rgds Hans

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 3
my experience is using ipod nano (the 6th generation) + alo low rider ipod line out + iqube v1 with my pioneer hdj-2000 + ALO Audio SXC 22awg upgrade cable, music file is Wav file...

i choose low gain from iqube v1.... although the sound is not so loud when compared with some portable amplifier such as SR-71A... but the sound come out  from iqube is amazing!!! very clear, very detailed with transparent treble & mid..... bass is not strong but the quality is good for me .....

PS: i listen to Cantonese Pop Songs such as Sam Hui, Jacky Cheung, Alan Tam and Eason Chan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back