IQ PRO arrived at last !
Oct 23, 2015 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

unclesam70

New Head-Fier
Had been indecisive on this purchase for quite some time. Primary reason monetary, secondary a few to list, namely, upgraditis ( in fact the correct diagnosis was another infection, not really much more benign, that is, sidegraditis), a need to acquire a monitor for my late night jogging sessions, that had to fulfill a check list like good fit, at least moderate isolation, minimal microphonics and also acceptable overall weight (both cans and cord) for i was content with my ie80 and 530 cans for this reason (the former like an initial infatuation that surprisingly lasted that far and the latter like a decent spouse that was around only to be valued as such much later on) but nuff's never enough as most of us know.

Actually I received a nice package a few hours ago and had a quick test drive immediately after purchase (at the cashier's...) to make sure that warranty could be of value without any dispute!..they sounded alive with vital signs but could not elaborate further nor it would have any effect, so as long as i got into my car, i swiftly plugged it into my galaxy neo and rushed to you tube 24 bit playlists (...4g was there fortunatelly!...) and started to do a more serious check. Well, for some reason I was trying to A-B from ultra short memory with my flagship FHVIII and I was quickly accustomed to the signature of this german phone (and was not a close relative to ie80 somebody commented) which was found to be neutral, not clinical, with decent impact from bass where needed and more than i would expect from the on line comparison with his golden brother. Soundstage was decent and had nice fresh nuances to be heard from well rehearsed songs and didn't really find the deal breaking sibilance the have bben talking about.

Well, that's all folks for the mo, that was a few minutes assessment but ther's much more to come - good initial flavour anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back