IpodNano6thGen+LOD+fiio e11+hp VS Cowons9+HP/IEM Which is better?
Jan 22, 2012 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

stefanolandesca

100+ Head-Fier

Please Help! Im really confused between these two. Which has better SQ? I have my ipodnano6th gen but im not satisfied with the sound. Im planning to sell this for a Cowon s9 which many said has superior SQ to ipod. But after reading many threads..Im trying to reconsider my ipodnano6th gen by plugging my headphone into an LOD+fiio e11 to bypass the internal amp of my ipod..many said that this has more neutral and clear sound than cowon s9? They said that the bbe+ enhancements are not that great..it sounded colored to them? Which do you think is more viable? I will save more money and be able to buy another headhpone if i retain my ipod and buy an amp instead.. But if the cowon has a great advantage over ipod in terms of SQ then i will sell my ipod and get stuck w/ iems..Which do you think is a better choice? please help!

And is an LOD compatible for ipodnano6thgen? Some said that no sound comes out after they tried this..i dont know..

Id appreciate all the comments you will give..thanks in advance.. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 4

A other question for the Nano 6th gen:
Nano + Fiio e17    or    Nano + O2 amp

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 4
Hello,

I can have the same question.
I have an old ipod 4th generation and after reading a lot i can see the ipod 4th have a wolfson WM8975 chip.
So if i use a portable amp like the FIIO E11, the sound can be better than Cowon or Teclast or perhaps Hifiman, etc...
What do you think about that ?

Thanks.

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 4
I cannot comment on the Nano+e11 combo, because I have never used an e11..However, I just received my nano 16gb today, with a fiio l9 LOD, and until I get my ZO2 amp I am using my e5.  I listened to my v-moda crossfades directly from the nano, and then from the nano>lod>e5, and the difference is quite large.  It does in fact work and very well.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back