iPodlounge Review of Sony MDR-EX81 Earphones
Nov 16, 2004 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Squibbles

100+ Head-Fier
Link

Supposedly world exclusive review. They gave it a very high rating which makes me want these. They seem to be a good take anywhere set of earphones. I don't like the Shure sound, and the Ety's are too hard to wear.

Has anyone tried these? How are they?
Thanks.

Nov 16, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #4 of 6
I initially disliked the ex71's for their "fake" bass. They just sounded too bloated in the low end and generally weird all over. They fit alright, kind of took some working in. I like the idea of the ex81's, and I'm thinking i'll give them another chance. Anyone know a place other than audiocubes that sells them?

Nov 16, 2004 at 9:20 AM Post #5 of 6
I've had the EX71s for over three years, and honestly, I barely heard a difference over time.

I went back to em after a good session with my new FC7s, and I wonder what the hell I saw in those buds; so very muddy, and nothing but bass, bass, bass.

I wouldn't mind as much if the bass was actually well-defined, but when it's so sloppy like in the EX71s, no thanks.

Nov 16, 2004 at 10:55 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
I've just read EX71s have a long burn in period, which might explain why a lot of people don't like them.

Forever is certainly a long period.. no doubt Sony people will snap these up in droves.

Oh btw... EX71 with earclips? what's the point???
confused.gif

EDIT: This sums up whether or not this review is for real or not

Quote:

neither company's earbuds were available in iPod-matching white outside of Asia until Sony quietly released white versions of its MDR-EX71 headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back