Ipod won't turn on unless..
Jul 29, 2006 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Siebel

Head-Fier
I have to press the menu and enter button to turn on my ipod like
a reboot. Once it is on and I hold the play pause button for 2 sec and turn it
off it goes off like it is supposed to but when I hit the play, or any button to
turn it back on it won't come on. I have to do another reboot play and menu for 6-10 sec to turn it back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 29, 2006 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 7
Restore the software to factory condition. There's a troubleshooting guide on the Apple website's iPod support page that will give you a step by step to probably solve that problem.

See ya
Steve

Jul 29, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 7
Hi bigshot,

Thanks, I've already tried it all. I restored twice. When it's plugged into the wall charger it turns on and off fine. But as soon as I unplug it and turn it off
in order to turn it back on I have to press the menu and enter buttons and reboot.

Jul 29, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 7
If it isn't the software, it's a hardware issue. But it sure sounds like a software problem to me.

See ya
Steve

Jul 29, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 7
Maybe the battery is gettng old. For my iRiver player, I keep an external battery pack in my bag for when I forget to charge the player. I only need the external pack to jump start it. Once it's on it can usually play on the internal battery for a few hours more.

Jul 29, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Siebel
I have to press the menu and enter button to turn on my ipod like
a reboot. Once it is on and I hold the play pause button for 2 sec and turn it
off it goes off like it is supposed to but when I hit the play, or any button to
turn it back on it won't come on. I have to do another reboot play and menu for 6-10 sec to turn it back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are your headphones plugged in when you turn on ur iPod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back