iPod, WAV/MP3 files and tough CDs
Mar 11, 2004 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ross

500+ Head-Fier
I posted a little while ago about problems I was having with my iPod. I now think that this was caused by some CDs, which I have been unable to rip using CDex or EAC, either as WAV or MP3 files. In either case, the sound is either unplayable, or causes the PC/iPod to crash. The odd thing is that the CDs don't appear to be copy-controlled. I tried a CD which I knew was copy controlled (because it says so on the box), and yet CDex was happily able to rip that CD and load it onto my iPod as WAV.

Are there some CDs which just don't allow themselves to be ripped?

And here is a basic iPod question: there is no "stop" button on the iPod. What do you do if you just want to stop it, without pausing it or forwarding to the end of the recording?

Mar 11, 2004 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally posted by Ross
Are there some CDs which just don't allow themselves to be ripped?

And here is a basic iPod question: there is no "stop" button on the iPod. What do you do if you just want to stop it, without pausing it or forwarding to the end of the recording?

The Pause button is the Stop button... as it is the Off button.

The feature I had trouble finding initially was the center button/scroll rewind/fast forward.

And I've never come across a CD that couldn't be copied. Have you tried ripping in another program (iTunes, etc.), and if so what was the results? EAC usually gets around anything though. There are several "brands" of copy protection so one may not indicate the variables of another. Also if possible try a Linux or Mac machine. They mount disks differently so that gets around a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back