If this has been posted before............oh well
wink.gif

if not then enjoy
very_evil_smiley.gif

http://homepage.mac.com/danielturek/PhotoAlbum50.html

Apr 27, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Funny, but shouldn't it be cassette versus mp3?

No, some middle schoolers today told me the iPod is something different than an mp3 player
rolleyes.gif

Apr 27, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #6 of 39
Heheh, first time I've seen that!

Cassettes aren't actually all that bad, it's just so much effort recording your own stuff on them, real time recording just doesn't cut it any longer...especially with 100+ hours of music
etysmile.gif

Apr 27, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #8 of 39
I actually love my cassettes and record them on a Nakimichi 600 "wedge",something alos that would have to be taken at gunpoint and even then the outcome would be in question
eek.gif

In my "ride" it is cassette and FM,no CD,no MP3,no "lossy compression" formats just 1:1 copies of my LPs on analog tape and even if the tape itself craps out i just make another copy.I have no use for "180 hours" of anything and especially not music which I either listen to randomly on the radio or choose one disc at a time to kill off just slightly less than an hour of my life.

Analog Rick Strikes Again : part Duex

Apr 27, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #9 of 39
BTW-just visited the "wired" link.

I stopped visiting that site about five years ago (
eek.gif
) because it was so "busy" with all the website gone mad FX I could not stand it but I see they got with the frikin program and cleaned the joint up so somewhat normal folks could bounce in too without leaving with a damn headache.
icon10.gif

Apr 27, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Something related in this months Wired.

thurston moore is da king.

Apr 27, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

But even if MP3 music sounds lame, as long as it's recognizable in form, free, and shareable, it's here to stay. It will get better as more sophisticated methods of replication emerge. For now, its clunk is glamorized by celebrity iTunes playlists. ITunes has become the Hallmark card of mix tapes - all you gotta do is sign your name to personalize it.

That was awesome >=D

Apr 27, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #13 of 39
Ugh, darn you Head-Fi....now I wanna make mix tapes.....WHY?

Apr 28, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #15 of 39
i don't get it.

most of those comparisons don't make any sense...it would be ok if they were funny, but i didn't think they were.

hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back