iPod Video
Apr 11, 2006 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Mobile Fuzzman

Head-Fier
So I’m saving for an iPod video and i was wondering what colour to get it in? What do u think? Can u post pics of your iPod Video in White and Black so that I can see the difference. Also from all of you who have iPod Videos do you regret getting it? If so why? isn’t it supposed to be the best Video mp3 player out?

Thanks
Mobile Fuzzman

Apr 11, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 21
The best mp3 player out? That really depends on what your criteria is.

But for colour, I recommend the white. Its classic you know what I mean?

Apr 11, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 21
I have both white and black iPods. For overall looks, I prefer the white, but the video looks best against black. I have two 60 gig videos- no regrets. There's an advantage getting the 60 gig over the 30. The 30 has less RAM as well as less hard drive space.

See ya
Steve

Apr 11, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #4 of 21
The best VIDEO mp3 player out seems to be the zen vision: m. (as in portable audio player with really good video capabilities, not a full-blown pmp) I have the ip-od, and my only real beef is the bland white screen. Seriously. Other players have cool colored backgrounds, album covers that automatically become wallpaper when a song is playing, etc. Everything about the gui screams "generic", which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but drives a person like me mad. Crazy-murderous-rampage mad.

Video quality is supposedly vhs-ish when hooked to a tv, haven't tried it personally yet. Oh yeah, the damn thing is pretty glitchy. Not enough tribbles.

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #6 of 21
ok so what makes the Creative Zen Vision:m better than the iPod Video? I herd somewere that the Zen Vision:m had some video lag and that it was slow going threw the menu is this true? so i ask u this again what makes the ZVM better than the 5g?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Video quality is supposedly vhs-ish when hooked to a tv, haven't tried it personally yet. Oh yeah, the damn thing is pretty glitchy. Not enough tribbles.

what do you mean glitchy?

Thanks
Moblie Fuzzman

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobile Fuzzman
ok so what makes the Creative Zen Vision:m better than the iPod Video? I herd somewere that the Zen Vision:m had some video lag and that it was slow going threw the menu is this true? so i ask u this again what makes the ZVM better than the 5g?

The zen has much longer battery life (playing vids can be a huge drain), and it outputs video at double the resolution of the ipod IIRC. Not a big deal if you're only gonna watch stuff on the player itself, but hooked up to a TV it's very noticeable improvement. (I think the ipod only does max res of 320x240, the zen 640x480)

The ipod tends to hang sometimes, uh . . . it lags and can act all wonky. Weird stuff occurs randomly (at least to me and some others). Doesn't ruin "the experience", but it's annoying nonetheless.

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #8 of 21
ok. i now for sure that i will never hook it up to a tv so i dont care how it looks there. i dont care about the battery life on the flayer so thats not a problem for me. what one has the better picture? what has the more clear sound? what one is louder(i like my music really loud and just hanging round my neck)? when do u think Apple will be releasing a new unit with video in it? when do u think creative will be releasing a new unit with video in it?

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

what one has the better picture? what has the more clear sound?

That's subjective. The ipod has undersaturated colors, the zen oversaturated. I personally prefer the former (the lesser of two evils), but the latter can be advantangeous since the picture seems to "stand out" more. Same with sound, some prefer the ipod's signature, others the zen. As for louder, I dunno. It's probably under the specs or something. Pretty sure both are loud enough, I can still hear my ip-od at 1/3 volume when hanging from my neck.

Will they release anything in the near future? Possibly, but they ain't telling us jack yet.

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
That's subjective. The ipod has undersaturated colors, the zen undersaturated.

what does that mean undersaturated and undersaturated?

thanks

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

what does that mean undersaturated and undersaturated?

thanks

in laymans:

undersaturated - colors appear duller than how they should be

oversaturated - colors appear brighter and more vibrant than how they should be (my beef with this is that it can make the color of people's skin weird. Often orangey/reddish.)

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #12 of 21
ok that makes sense. are there anyother mp3 video players other than the ZV, ZVM, and Ipod Video? b/c i want to get the best of the best and im not really sure what that is. do u now what the best is rite now? i like the sound of the undersaturated colours sounds more real

Apr 11, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #13 of 21
If you want to pick up chicks...get the ipod.

no no....just kidding....im a fool.

You are on head-fi. The integrated amps of both are not up to our standards. You are going to get an auxilary amp becuase you are on this site. Plus it will help you save battery. Im an Apple user (my dad bought the mac 2ci when it first came out since he is a graphic designer) so I have never had a windows PC in my house, and am still an Apple devout. I got the ipod.

Realistically, I would get a portable with ample space that plaays a lossless format and with an optical out so you can hook up to an external DAC when using it transportably.

I dont use the video feature too much, so its whatever. I like it because I like to see the album artwork. your needs may be diff.
just my two pennies

BTW...i was born in toronto canada at mt. Syanai hosptial, then moved to florida when i was like 4. So by default....you are cool. and from BC? mellow eh?

Apr 11, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by blue4n3
BTW...i was born in toronto canada at mt. Syanai hosptial, then moved to florida when i was like 4. So by default....you are cool. and from BC? mellow eh?

CANADA RULES

any way back to the iPod help. so i think ive made my disishion and im getting the ipod (30gb)probably white. what would a good amp be? not to much money under 200 and i would like good bass and sq

Apr 11, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #15 of 21
I have the XIN supermacro. I like it, and amp rolling is fun. to stay i your budget, and to keep things portable....get the supermini. It is said to sound allot like the macro. I like the air, seperation and detail. If you are using IEM with the ipod, the bass boost is a must since I find the ipod a bit bass shy. The only problem is that the bass boost is not an outside switch on the mini. neither are the other switches. so you have to open up. I like to flick the bass off on some songs, and 'on' on ther songs. Then again, you may like it differently.

What 'phones are you goind to use? Also, XIN has some new opamps that work with his amp....check out www.fixup.net

just checked out your phones. The amp will be good for bass boos, but I think you need something a little more up the ladder to hear the full potential of the amp. This means you will be happy with it for quite some time. make sure you use line out....the headphone out isn't my cup o' tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back