ipod video 5g vs cowon audio d2+
May 7, 2009 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

ziobob86

New Head-Fier
hello people! i'm a new member of this forum! i'm italian and i love the headphones world!
o2smile.gif
..sorry for my english
biggrin.gif

i have a ipod video 5g that i think is the better ipod produced!i like me you sound..but i want to know: beetwen ipod 5g and cowon audio d2+ what is the better?

May 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 26
I originally had a X5L, but returned it as i found it too warm and tiring to listen to, plus the build quality was not the best.

The Ipod 5.5g replacement is to me, wonderfully neutral and especially good with mids and highs, which i like. plus its built like a tank. and its a pod.

T.

May 11, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by penartur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do we live in a different worlds on different planets?

I'm definitely on the same planet as you, I don't know where he's at... iPod 5G/5.5G is anything but a "tank", unless he means tank as in aquarium tank, of the thin glass variety.

May 11, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #8 of 26
er.

i have had this ipod since 2007.
used it daily

its never missed a beat. in fact, 'cause i keep it in a case, i'd say its near perfect.

almost everything is perfect.

the battery is getting tired (about 80%) life left, but its near 3 years old.

bullet proof. i say so.

WAAAAAY better than the ****ty X5L and its wobbly HP - LOD - Joystick garbage

so there. stick that in yer pipe....

May 12, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #9 of 26
"'cause i keep it in a case, i'd say its near perfect" is counter intuitive to your assertion, and I don't smoke :p

May 15, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #10 of 26
are still undecided whether to buy the cowon d2 + .. now i installed rockbox 3.2 on my ipod 5g.
In the challenge ipod 5g vs cowon d2 + Who wins? worthwhile to buy d2 + if i have ipod 5g?,
confused_face(1).gif

thanks!

May 15, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #11 of 26
I have own cowon d2 (not plus) before, the good are:
+ long battery time (video about 10 hours , music about 40hours) ipod 5tgen(video 5hours? max and 13hours music)
+ very small
+ radio
+ recording (sometimes it is very handy)
+ great volume/power
Minus
- SQ (debatable) , does not have linout
- video is so so, doesnot have handle like ipod
- not very eye catching

forgot to add I am now using ipod 5th gen, ther reason to choose this only for better handle for video and the ipod is warmer and it is suit my preference of music

May 15, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #13 of 26
sound 'quality' or preference is very debatable. both are good sounding players and have many followers. i did not really enjoy the sound of my d2 and sold it, but find the ipod 5g to be a very nice and natural sounding player without any big defects but without any excitement. if you want excitement, you should go for a sony, cowon or some company who offer good eq variety and other enhancements. ipod is pretty for strictly neutral playback but not good at all for enhancements.

i am using ipod touch 2g now which was the player i migrated to after selling my d2 (actually, that was the 1g touch which I also preferred to the d2). if you need things like aac playback and gapless playback, then the ipod is almost unparalleled. the zune also offers both if you have windows and sony players from japan do the same if you have windows and want to re-encode your CD's to atrac.

if you just want to drag and drop and forget it and don't like apple, zune or sony, stick with cowon.

May 15, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by superpiper
bullet proof. i say so.

Do you mean that you can't insert .50 bullet into the headphone connector with your fingers so it is bullet proof?
Really, i'm scare to put it out from my pocket while i'm on the street - there are sparrows, and one of them can accidentaly do a poo on my ipod so that screen will smashed into smithereens by this hard and heavy sparrow's poo.
Quote:

in fact, 'cause i keep it in a case

Aha! I suspect that your case is a bulletproof safe made of 2-inch-thick steel?
Quote:

Originally Posted by soidera
long battery time (video about 10 hours , music about 40hours) ipod 5tgen(video 5hours? max and 13hours music)

With the latest rockbox build and some patches applied i'm getting 22.5 hours from my ipod while playing FLACs. That's a lot more than "13hours music". And the storage of mine is 240GB, compared to a theoretical maximum of 64GB for D2+.
Quote:

recording (sometimes it is very handy)

AFAIK ipod can record sound too, if you will connect a microphone.

PS: Does this cowon have a hardware buttons, or are you forced to use this damn touchscreen, like on iphone?

May 15, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sound 'quality' or preference is very debatable. both are good sounding players and have many followers. i did not really enjoy the sound of my d2 and sold it, but find the ipod 5g to be a very nice and natural sounding player without any big defects but without any excitement. if you want excitement, you should go for a sony, cowon or some company who offer good eq variety and other enhancements. ipod is pretty for strictly neutral playback but not good at all for enhancements.

i am using ipod touch 2g now which was the player i migrated to after selling my d2 (actually, that was the 1g touch which I also preferred to the d2). if you need things like aac playback and gapless playback, then the ipod is almost unparalleled. the zune also offers both if you have windows and sony players from japan do the same if you have windows and want to re-encode your CD's to atrac.

if you just want to drag and drop and forget it and don't like apple, zune or sony, stick with cowon.

thanks for very good response!
in effect i love the sound of my ipod 5g. is a natural, rich, warmer and sweet sound that i never listened in a mp3 player! i noted that with rockbox the sound improves again! because the rockbox eq are better than ipod menu!
the d2+ interess me because i know that cowon is the brand that alls audiophile people recommends! but! i wanted also a battery more perfomantes and the cowon d2+ has a 52 hours! vs 12 hours of my ipod! but if the cowon sound is lower to ipod sound, i don't buy them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back