[iPod V] it had to happen to someone...
Nov 8, 2005 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

heeeraldo

100+ Head-Fier
...a hard drive failure, that is.

my iPod (ordered half an hour after the announcement, received October 19), gave me the sad iPod icon today. I'd noticed a suspiciously loud clicking noise coming from the hard drives and thought "well, this is odd", and thought I'd look into it when I had some free time between classes.

Went through all of Apple's motions with resets and disk modes and updaters to no avail, and I've just launched a support ticket. I have to admit that it was a nice touch for the sad iPod screen to give me the Apple Support URL.

Anyway, I'm still covered by the 90-day warranty (and I'll probably go get AppleCare after the next one gets here) so it just means a week using the imp-50 with the E4's (which feels like such overkill).

anyone care to commiserate, or to cheer me up? I'm not looking forward to my 1.5-hour (each way) commute without being able to go from Squarepusher to The Cardigans at a moment's notice.

Nov 8, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 4
Eww. Audioless translocation?
frown.gif
I will join you in shedding tears.

My iPod crashed hardcore last night while I was listening to it - has me worried now. :/ I have the Apple Protection Plan, so I should still be good. Then again, should it fail, I'd have to wait too long to get a new/repaired one. :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back