iPod users really ARE morons. (evidence)
May 2, 2004 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

vorlik

Head-Fier
I overheard this conversation yesterday:

Person 1: I got an iPod!
Person 2(mildly intelligent): What size did you get?
Person 1: What do you mean?
Person 2: How many gigabytes?
Person 1: Gigawhats? I don't know!
Person 3: It doesn't really matter....

May 2, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 21
Your post makes far more of a statement about you then it does about the people you quoted.

I know some very bright people who love music, own ipods and have little understanding or interest in technology. Apple makes a product that caters to them and performs it's function very well.

May 2, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

I overheard this conversation yesterday:

Oh well, that proves it beyond any shadow of doubt.
rolleyes.gif

May 2, 2004 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 21
vorlik,

those "morons" could have easily been talking about the ihp (20 or 40)......however, iriver doesn't command near as much market share as the iPod does.....so the chances of you hearing those words are few and far between.....

May 2, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #6 of 21
Sigh
rolleyes.gif

Two subjects are not an adequate population sample for valid statistical estimates of the average intelligence level of iPod users.

Alex

May 2, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #7 of 21
As with any computer or compute-related product you are going to see/hear something like this. (Do NOT get me started on quotes I've heard about the internet
blink.gif
) The frequency of such occurances is directly proportionate to the popularity of said product.

May 2, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #10 of 21
Even under the assumption that all iPod users don't know what a gigabyte is, lack of technical knowledge doesn't make anyone a moron. Many iPod users don't know much about digital music or electronics, but that doesn't say anything except as a testament to the popularity of the iPod. Steve Jobs managed to sell these people, who aren't computer geeks, a piece of expensive audio equipment. I'm an ex-iPod user, and I'm a little disappointed if you're going to call me a moron (or an ex-moron).

May 2, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #13 of 21
I am a Karma owner. For some reason, I disliked iPod owners. I was just a Windows kinda guy. But after I bought my Karma, I had a respect for iPod owners, not the iPod. There almost scary cult-like decvotion to the iPod really shows how good a product can be. Not all iPod owners are idiots, its just that the iPod is such a well selling product, that it has mainstream customers that no little to none about technology. But I gurantee that all the people on this forum who own iPods are not one of those people. I could just as easily say that anyone who owns linux is a open source treehugger (Which I am not saying, using it as an example). So please, before you call a large number of people stupid (especially the iPod cult), think!

May 2, 2004 at 11:31 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jet_fighter00
I am a Karma owner. For some reason, I disliked iPod owners. I was just a Windows kinda guy. But after I bought my Karma, I had a respect for iPod owners, not the iPod. There almost scary cult-like decvotion to the iPod really shows how good a product can be. Not all iPod owners are idiots, its just that the iPod is such a well selling product, that it has mainstream customers that no little to none about technology. But I gurantee that all the people on this forum who own iPods are not one of those people. I could just as easily say that anyone who owns linux is a open source treehugger (Which I am not saying, using it as an example). So please, before you call a large number of people stupid (especially the iPod cult), think!

now here's an idea, we could linux bash!

I'll start, linux is slow, inferior, and programmed by communists

Users who are viewing this thread

Back