Ipod >TurboDock > Volume attenuator >HD25????
Jul 21, 2006 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thekid22

100+ Head-Fier
So, I currently carry a PA2V2, but for slightly increased portability, I'm looking for feedback as to how I would do going ipod >turbo dock> volume attenuator > copper cabled HD25s. (I know shure makes a small in-line volume attenuator, and there seem to be a few others out there)
I miss that little something going direct from the ipod jack, and the line out is too loud without adjustment. does this seem viable? laughable? interesting?

(I also inquired about AudioLineOut making me one, but he said he was too deep in projects... it may become an ask a DIYer)

all feedback appreciated.

Jul 22, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by thekid22
.....I miss that little something going direct from the ipod jack......

confused.gif

Is your ipod broken or modded?

Jul 22, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 5
It's still somewhat doubtful whether the two outs sound significantly different. Especially considering the quality the volume pot in any dongle-attenuator I would rather go for the headphone out. Unless, as Lisa said, the iPod is RV-Modded or the HP out broken.

Jul 22, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 5
No there is no problem with the ipod, I just thought I was receiving better quality through the line out. I guess its possible that this was simply my head enjoying the louder-than-i-would-listen volume. but I thought I had a better little more detail and a little bigger bass.

I also know its somewhat common knowledge around here that if your using an ipod to an amp you definitely want to use the line out signal, so again i figure it may be a better signal.

thanks for your feedback, i'd love any more as well.

Jul 24, 2006 at 10:50 AM Post #5 of 5
Line out is utilized when using an external amp because you don't want to be double amping an amped sound. Just use the headphone out if you’re not going to make use of an amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back