iPod touchwheel noise?
Nov 21, 2004 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

fr4c

Headphoneus Supremus
just a quick question. does anyone elses iPod make a faint "whiney" noise when you touch the wheel and buttons? recently i was cleaning my 3G iPod in my room and heard the faint noise everytime i put my fingers on the touchwheel. when you toggle the hold on, the noise stops. is the noise simply the result of a activated touch sensor or is there something wrong with my unit? you could clearly hear the whiney noise when you touch the wheel and put the unit next to your ear. all comments welcomed. thnx

Nov 21, 2004 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 10
could be a grounding issue. if the touch controls aren't properly grounded then any interference coming from you fingers may cause it to make noise.If thats the case, then this would more in the audio not from the unit itself. Im not 100% sure though.

Nov 22, 2004 at 4:50 AM Post #7 of 10
no its not the hard drive spinning. this sound is like a high pitched whine. also, theres like this light beeping noise in the background, like a ticking noise. weird
confused.gif

Nov 22, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #9 of 10
No, it's not from the backlight. It's not the hard drive spinning. Touch a button and you get a squeal. It stops after a second or two. Press the buttons again and it comes right back.

It's nothing to worry about, you can't even hear it with the unit 10cm from your ear with a computer running.

Nov 22, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by myself, aka me
No, it's not from the backlight. It's not the hard drive spinning. Touch a button and you get a squeal. It stops after a second or two. Press the buttons again and it comes right back.

It's nothing to worry about, you can't even hear it with the unit 10cm from your ear with a computer running.

yes this is exactly what i'm hearing. i just hope its not a defect unit or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back