Ipod Touch vs SE 910i = praise your cell!
Sep 6, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #31 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But you'll bring the headphone adapter for the proprietary head phones/jack? Thats nearly bigger than the Shuffle. Thats the most annoying thing about these phones.

well its not really, the se110 are modular so the phone converter and mic cable isnt really much bigger than the shure cable is anyway.

i do agree phones should have 3.5mm jacks on them but thats my only real complaint about it.

Sep 6, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #32 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by fromthelane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SE W995 has a 3.5mm jack right on the top. As do the Nokia music phones and the N86.

So? We were talking about the other SE phones? They all need that bullky adapter to use 3.5mm phones. The adapter I had a massive cable too. You'd need to be 7' to need that much cable. Mines tied up realy short. But its bulky. I also tried the one with the inline remote. That also has a ton of cable attached. Sony were very slow to switch to the 3.5 jack. I had the W995, and didn't really like it. Lovely gadget though.

Sep 6, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #34 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats why modular cabled earphones are better to use with them

The ones I had were still to long even with that.

Sep 6, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #37 of 53
Not surprised. My Motorola ROKR E8 sounds so much better than my iPod's. They say it's one of the best music phones today, even matching the latest Nokia XpressMusic or SE Walkman series phone.

Sep 14, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #38 of 53
My Senn accepts a 3.5 mm jack on the headphone side, so I use a SE cable (MMC-70) directly from the cell to the headphone, however the cable is made to use the cell with car audios accepts 3.5 aux-in.. It is normal length just like any other headphones. The only drawback of this player, SE910i it is, the stupid high price of the M2 memory cards. I am wondering how this player would play down with a Sansa Clip+

Also, I went to J&R yesterday (a huge electronics store in Manhattan) and they had a wall with all headphones to listen to. Man, the Senn HD 485 is just pales most of them. I wasn't impressed with the Senn 500 series. I liked the Grado 225,however that is $200 and the HD 485 is $65. It is a no brainer!

Nov 16, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #41 of 53
1st Gen Touch SQ blows. I would try your comparison with the current touch, and I bet your results are different. Most of iPods of 2-4 yrs ago pale in comparison to the SQ of the iPods out right now. And yes, I know there are people who will disagree, but at least to my credit I have actually owned these old iPods (including 1st gen Touch, which I still use in my car) and a couple of the current ones.

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #43 of 53
Why a 910i would be a poor phone is beyond me though... would you explain? I am not banging on the 1G touch. I use it every day. It is just not suited for music well enough, that's all. And I would try a new touch if I haven't read million times that the 2g and the 3g is hopeless. oh, and if steve jobs would introduce something new, up to date, like an HD camera or a better screen. why would I buy the same device (2g, 3g) again?

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #44 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Mono /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why a 910i would be a poor phone is beyond me though... would you explain?

...Sony Ericsson W910i review...

Quote:

I am not banging on the 1G touch. I use it every day. It is just not suited for music well enough, that's all. And I would try a new touch if I haven't read million times that the 2g and the 3g is hopeless.

Where did you read, a million times, that the 2G and 3G are hopless...

Quote:

...why would I buy the same device (2g, 3g) again?

Why did you buy a clip when you already had a MP3 player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back