Ipod Touch vs Cowon D2+ [update: Bought a Cowon S9]
Jun 15, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by marko7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's for the iPod Touch:

Lyrics during playback - NO

I don't know about the first generation of iPod Touch, but the second one has lyrics during playback.

Jun 16, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #33 of 49
The screen is pretty clear. As it has an AMOLED screen it's far better than an iPod for daylight viewing.

To the OP, the menu is a little cumbersome but you get used to it. Eastern interfaces tend to have more options and menus than the minimalist ones western players use. Apple probably personifies that. It's a little tricky at first, but I find it much better for pure listening as you have more options at your fingertips. Enjoy the S9!

Jun 16, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The screen is pretty clear. As it has an AMOLED screen it's far better than an iPod for daylight viewing.

To the OP, the menu is a little cumbersome but you get used to it. Eastern interfaces tend to have more options and menus than the minimalist ones western players use. Apple probably personifies that. It's a little tricky at first, but I find it much better for pure listening as you have more options at your fingertips. Enjoy the S9!

Don't worry
wink.gif
I'm already pretty used to it, and the sound is what is important anyways (to me atleast). Just looking at some custom UI's now. There's some things in the original UI that just don't make sense though. Like it's not really thought through, some options are pointless and could've been done way better. For instance it's a shame you can't click on the cover art during the music playback screen to see the tracklist for that album or something similar.

Also searching for a nice case, althought I'm pretty sure I'll get this:
Leather case Cowon S9 Curve Tradition | Noreve - Haute Couture for Mobile Devices

Jun 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by lweijs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For instance it's a shame you can't click on the cover art during the music playback screen to see the tracklist for that album or something similar.

El Maco's Music menu do that :
iAudiophile.net Forums - View Single Post - Music UCI's

Alternative version with a simple cover art (with choice of turntable still available)

Utopia'interface do that too with a special button (top middle of the screen)

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by KromaXamorK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
El Maco's Music menu do that :

Alternative version with a simple cover art (with choice of turntable still available)

Utopia'interface do that too with a special button (top middle of the screen)

Thanks for the tip, I've already tried the Utopia though. Wasn't my cup of tea I guess, and there were some bugs which annoyed me. But I might try it again later :p

Ordered a case from Noreve, they seem nice. Although they're a tad expensive :p

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #37 of 49
damn, i thought canadian prices for ipods were bad after duties. well, korean ipods are a full 100$ usd more expensive per model! of course, the s9 is dirt cheap here and everyone uses cowon or iriver and some other brands i've never heard of.

iPod touch price in korea

the smallest denominator in the korean monetary system is the 10 won, so 1000 corresponds to (give and take with exchange rates), one hundred cents or one dollar for those who don't think mathematically.

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #38 of 49
Hmm my S9 wouldn't launch just now. Had to use the reset button to get it running again. Bit worried since I won't have a needle with me everywhere I go -.- Can't press it with a pen
tongue.gif
Hope this won't happen often.

Jun 19, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn, i thought canadian prices for ipods were bad after duties. well, korean ipods are a full 100$ usd more expensive per model! of course, the s9 is dirt cheap here...

The s9 dirt cheap in Canada? Where?!

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #41 of 49
I have the 1G Touch, an iRiver, 2 Samsungs and a 700 series Sony Walkman.

In terms of sound, IMO, the Samsungs are the pick of my litter, closely followed by the Sony, a good player with a little too much warmth. The Samsung P2 is the best player I've owned for SQ, and one of the worst for navigation. Apple got the UI right on the Touch, and it is a good gadget if you want a 'Swiss Army Knife', but I dont know why people dont just get the iPhone and have done with it if that is what they want. If you want a music iPod, get the Nano or the Classic - will cost probably cost less.

Having had the Touch as my only player for two years, I dont even turn the thing on anymore.

Jun 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #43 of 49
Wouldn't launch again this morning. The reset button works, but don't want to always have to use that. If it happens again I'll contact the shop I bought it from. Might do it anyways, just to let'm know something might not be right :p

Working again now though.

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #45 of 49
Suspect the OP may have a Monday morning production special, but I would have opted for the iAudio 7 over the 'sexier' Cowons. Still concerned about the whole firmware thing with Cowon, tho - had hoped that issue was a thing of the past.

As for the Touch, its going to my GF - she is easily impressed by gadgets and has wanted it since first clapping eyes on the thing. Ah, women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back